Typhon What Grease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustKeven

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
What is the part number for general grease used on the upper and lower steering ball joints?

Are you talking about the pillow balls?

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 53
I never use grease on any part which is exposed to dirt. Just take them apart now and then to clean them. Here is a great video by ThomasP about it.

I use graphite spray myself. It doesn’t collect dirt like oil or grease will. And I also throw some Teflon tape around those red retaining cups to keep them from backing out.

I use bicycle chain lube. White Lightning Clean Ride. It's wax based. Very small particles of wax in a relatively quickly evaporating liquid. You shake the bottle really well then put a few drops on whatever. I've been using that stuff for at least 15 years on all my RC bits and bobs. CVD's, hinge pins, ball joints, cup joints, dog bones, spurs... whatever. I usually put it on when inspecting for damage after a bash, then by the time I run again, it has fully dried. Doesn't attract dirt like silicone/petroleum based stuff.

I made the mistake last time of ordering a different version... it stays damp and has silicone as well as wax in it I think. When I bought the previous bottle 5 years or so ago, they didn't have 15 kinds. But I should have gotten the "Clean Ride" this last time.

Yes what sort of grease should i use?
I was told never to use grease or oil in these areas. The cups are plastic, and any dirt collected will cause wear to both the ball and the cup. I remove and clean them often, as it is not difficult to do so.

I never use grease on any part which is exposed to dirt. Just take them apart now and then to clean them. Here is a great video by ThomasP about it.
I was told never to use grease or oil in these areas. The cups are plastic, and any dirt collected will cause wear to both the ball and the cup. I remove and clean them often, as it is not difficult to do so.
^^What they both said.

Adding grease to the pillow balls will only make them a magnet for dirt/grit and encourage premature wear imho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back