What is going on here? Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check each of the motor wire connections and make sure they're all tight. Definitely looks like one is loose from that behaviour.

Pull the power module and inspect. Spur / Pinion would be my guess. It will also give you a chance to test the motor connection without the gears.

Could be your slipper clutch. Or blown diffs. Did you land a jump while on power or brake? Put it on a stand and then try. Maybe help to isolate the problem.

I say motor cable, bad connection. Thats a classic sound of a bad motor lead connection..also, the steering is quite bad, IDK if the saver is too soft or the servo is that weak but, not right IMO.

Agreed about electrical connection. From what i've seen and experienced, motors usually go out with a bang 🔥 when they do. I'd be checking the bullets between the motor and the ESC for desoldered joints.

You could get more confirmation of an electrical issue by taking all the load off the motor (open up the power module and remove the spur so the motor spins freely) and then see if the motor still spins easily by hand and also with the controller (careful with fingers!). If it spins smoothly by hand, then you'd know it's not a motor bearing or rotor issue. And if the motor keeps doing that same stuttering thing when ou try to spin it with the controller, unloaded, then you could be pretty confident it's an electrical issue. If it spins smoothly by hand and by controller, then i'd be looking for a binding issue somewhere else in the drivetrain that's causing excess cogging and preventing your motor from moving the truck.

I would say its the motor connections had it happen plenty of times maybe a connector has come unsoldered from the motor or the esc

I say motor cable, bad connection. Thats a classic sound of a bad motor lead connection..also, the steering is quite bad, IDK if the saver is too soft or the servo is that weak but, not right IMO.
This is a brand new servo as the first one stopped after acting just like this
Could be your slipper clutch. Or blown diffs. Did you land a jump while on power or brake? Put it on a stand and then try. Maybe help to isolate the problem.
No had just brought it out didn't even get a chance to jump it and it just started doing this. Could it be from heat possibly

Pull the power module and inspect. Spur / Pinion would be my guess. It will also give you a chance to test the motor connection without the gears.
Motor works but only if I put pressure pulling up on front side of motor opposite of spur

Motor is not seeing a phase from the ESC. It is cogging heavily because only 2 of 3 phases from the ESC are hitting the magnets inside. Continually doing this can cause catastrophic failure of the motor, or ESC, or even both. Inspect all of your connections between the ESC and motor to ensure nothing is disconnected.

Motor is not seeing a phase from the ESC. It is cogging heavily because only 2 of 3 phases from the ESC are hitting the magnets inside. Continually doing this can cause catastrophic failure of the motor, or ESC, or even both. Inspect all of your connections between the ESC and motor to ensure nothing is disconnected.
There aren't any loose connections and it works if I pick up on the rear of motor while pulling trigger

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back