What motor mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
Ok I have the pps motor mount and stupid me bought the castle 7121 2400kv which has a 8mm shaft. Did some dremel work but I don't want to take to much meat off of it to make it work. I flipped gear and the grub screw are right on the end of the shaft. Right know I have it meshed about 3/4. Whats my options?

Ok I have the pps motor mount and stupid me bought the castle 7121 2400kv which has a 8mm shaft. Did some dremel work but I don't want to take to much meat off of it to make it work. I flipped gear and the grub screw are right on the end of the shaft. Right know I have it meshed about 3/4. Whats my options?
Here's a pic

20230419_203255.jpg

20230419_203301.jpg

I’d end mill the grub screw slot deep enough to have full teeth contact. You’ve gone this far, it’s not a basher I presume.

Perfect. Strictly speaking, you could run your car like that and not have any problems. But I can fully understand the desire to want the gears to mesh as much as possible.

So...what you need to do is adjust the spacers of your spool so that the gear lands where your pinion is. You can use 8mm washers to create alternate spacings.
1681951095306.png

Perfect. Strictly speaking, you could run your car like that and not have any problems. But I can fully understand the desire to want the gears to mesh as much as possible.

So...what you need to do is adjust the spacers of your spool so that the gear lands where your pinion is. You can use 8mm washers to create alternate spacings.
There's the allen pin that goes through the shaft that the spur, but I did a little dremel work. I think I'm good now.

20230419_205148.jpg

There's the allen pin that goes through the shaft that the spur, but I did a little dremel work. I think I'm good now.

20230419_205148.jpg
Thank for your help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back