What parts should I keep on hand for my Big Rock??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Desec

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I’m expecting my Big Rock in the mail tomorrow.

It’s my first real RC and I was wondering what replacement parts/accessories/upgrades I should I keep in my tool box?

Thanks!

Hey everyone.

It’s my first real RC and I was wondering what replacement parts/accessories/upgrades I should I keep in my tool box?

Thanks!

I'm not a vet here but I own a newer BR. In the past, I would say some arms for better stability, bearings...esp keeping an eye on the one bearing when you remove the power module housing. Lots of dirt get in there can go back quick.

On the new BR, I personally like the wider tires like the 2.8 Duratrax or Badlands would be a good upgrade.

Have some extra bearings always good. I have gotten trash like a fishing line in a field caught in my tire wheel hub and it ate up the wheel bearing rubber shield. So have a full set on-hand is good to have for replacement. There are more but I do not know how you will bask it to point in a direction.

I'm not a vet here but I own a newer BR. In the past, I would say some arms for better stability, bearings...esp keeping an eye on the one bearing when you remove the power module housing. Lots of dirt get in there can go back quick.

On the new BR, I personally like the wider tires like the 2.8 Duratrax or Badlands would be a good upgrade.

Have some extra bearings always good. I have gotten trash like a fishing line in a field caught in my tire wheel hub and it ate up the wheel bearing rubber shield. So have a full set on-hand is good to have for replacement. There are more but I do not know how you will bask it to point in a direction.
Thanks!

Problem is that it's a loaded question.. everyone will have different experiences and breakages.. so before you know it there will be a list here of pretty much the whole rig...🤣..

Speaking of.. I typically keep everything on hand except drive shafts and electronics 😉..✌

Problem is that it's a loaded question.. everyone will have different experiences and breakages.. so before you know it there will be a list here of pretty much the whole rig...🤣..

Speaking of.. I typically keep everything on hand except drive shafts and electronics 😉..✌
That’s all good with me. I’ll probably pick up what gets suggested the most. Thank you!

From what I broke on my truggified Typhon 3s I would say a arms, driveshafts, front c hubs, front axle carriers, turnbuckles, tie rods and probably a chassis.

Hey everyone.

Thanks!
All of them. Sorry, that's just me who does that🤷‍♂️

Well done :) it took me 2 years to do that
Lol. I went way too fast. Right into the curb.
Lol. Cold weather = brittle plastic. Pics or it didn’t happen! 😂
55F909B1-EAE3-4B94-8D54-1356F0A121D8.jpeg
I put some super glue over it. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back