Big Rock What to do out the box big rock before use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal.t

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi first post on the forum I’ve just ordered a big rock v3 ,I’m completely new to rc ,I want to know what to do before even taking it out for a ripp. I’ve seen on a few threads on here that people have some problems with them. All help appreciated.

Don’t need to change and oils and anything like that? Anyone thread lock all the screws? I bought a spektrum s150 mini charger and a spektrum 11.1 5000mah 50c lipo is this cool?

Oils should be fine. Thread lock the screws that are going into metal only. Motor mount,pinions etc. spektrum batteries are overpriced and overrated but they will work. Happy bashing 👍🏻👍🏻

Oils should be fine. Thread lock the screws that are going into metal only. Motor mount,pinions etc. spektrum batteries are overpriced and overrated but they will work. Happy bashing 👍🏻👍🏻
Thankyou I appreciate the help👍

Check the slipper clutch. It’s simple and something I always check and re adjust. Seen a lot of people have problems becouse of a faulty slipper

Check the slipper clutch. It’s simple and something I always check and re adjust. Seen a lot of people have problems becouse of a faulty slipper
What am I checking for? How do I know if my adjustment is right?

The only thing I did to my Big Rock was remove the motor mount bolts and install washers and thread lock on the bolts. Other than that I haven't needed to do anything. I did break a steering block, but was doing backflips on a cold day. Not a big deal parts were $4. Im loving this truck so far, tons of fun. My only issue is the wife likes to run it so I may need to get another one in the near future. lol.

Well even if your a noob your gonna need to learn to work on these sooner or later. Search the forums for slipper clutch problems. Happens out of the box all the time. Just my 2 cents . Have fun

I had to adjust the mesh between the pinion and spur. Mine was too tight from the factory. I had never adjusted one before and with the help of a few here I got it adjusted.

Razor_RC has great videos.

Just charged a fresh battery ,turned esc on and the red light flashed for couple seconds then went to a solid red light. Any idea’s? I haven’t even ran this rig yet?
1610882598352.jpeg

I did a factory reset then calibrated the throttle and reverse again lights now gone off so I guess that sorted that.
Get you some trenchers or badlands
Are those wheels?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back