Wheels007's Big Rock Crew Cab Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
When I bought my BRCC last year, I loved it right out of the box. The long chassis helps tame uncontrollable wheelies however when I would go into a corner it loved to roll. Also, 2 of the 4 shocks were leaking. After researching the forums I found mods people have done that made my BRCC a beast with way better control.
I added:
1. Typhon 6s shocks and some parts from an Arrma composit ball set for 6s #ARAC3029 for the shock end eyelets.
2. Hot Racing WH17HS01 Hub Adapters 12mm to 17mm w/ 6mm offset.
3. DuraTrax 12mm Aluminum Wheel Hub Adapter "for the above hubs".
4. 2 sets of of Pro-Line Racing Badlands MX28 2.8 tires #PRO1012518.
5. Granite front and rear bumpers ARAC3440. The chrome colored plastic bumpers weren't doing it for me. Also, the front Granite bumper protects the front of the body cover better than stock. The rear bumper is just for show. I was going to buy a T-Bone racing bumper for the front. However the price and having to retrofit it seemed like a hassle back then-they may have updated it. The Granite front and rear came together for $6.28 where as a front only T-Bone bumper was $18.00. I've slammed the front several times and no breakage yet.
6. The baby blue color was pretty, but I just could't stomach it any longer. I bought a BRCC clear cover and painted it.

Until something breaks I really feel the truck doesn't need any other upgrades. At least not for my driving practices.
69052708_796620734980_351053622999515136_n.jpg

Just an after thought to save you guys time, money and frustration. DO NOT use the Tamiya TS line of spray paint for your lexan truck cover. I learned the hard way. After 5 runs the paint is just flaking off as I drive. I'll be painting a new cover in the spring with the Tamiya PS line of paints. Below is the above cover. So sad. I'll update this when it's repainted.

IMG_20200124_122509.jpg

*UPDATE* We ended up repainting our tops before Spring. My wife's Granite is in the background.
86766449_818567423640_2244044842210426880_o.jpg

Last edited:
Im new to this all, but im having a hell of a time finding the typhon s6 shocks anywhere online! Any leads?
Check Jennys on Thursday 4pm EDT. There will be one set. Chase is the race.

I got mine on amazon last year. i haven't seen them since:(. As stated above, Jenny's rc is a good source or ebay. I've seen some mention HR racing aluminum shock bodies being a contender. I may go that route for my wife's Granite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back