When you choose "one day shipping"...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Otherside

Huh?
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
What are your honest expectations???

I ordered from Company X and it will be called Company X due to potential biased answers due to Company X's popularity and chose "1 day shipping".

I ordered to small parts Thursday evening and spent $20 on one day shipping... its now Saturday and haven't received any info on my order.

I'll be calling Monday to demand a refund.

What are your honest expectations???

I ordered from Company X and it will be called Company X due to potential biased answers due to Company X's popularity and chose "1 day shipping".

I ordered to small parts Thursday evening and spent $20 on one day shipping... its now Saturday and haven't received any info on my order.

I'll be calling Monday to demand a refund
One day delivery only exist if you in same state but still one day hell no. I ordered parts from alza racing in solvenia million miles away the parts delivered in 4 days im in California. Get your refund

One day delivery only exist if you in same state but still one day hell no. I ordered parts from alza racing in solvenia million miles away the parts delivered in 4 days im in California. Get your refund
Lol that's like the mount from you was sent from SoCal I live in NorCal and it left from your area and went to Tennessee!!? Like seriously FedEx has some of the worst shipping by far! Not to mention made it to Reno early enough to make it on delivery truck for today but since it's not due tell Monday they didn't load it to be delivered today 🤦 absolutely rediculas I can't stand FedEx!!!

Anything FedEx expedited goes on a plane, which means it goes through one of the hubs-- usually the superhub in Memphis. I had a package I ordered leave San Diego (which is about 100 miles from me) go to LA (around 60 miles away from me, but almost 125 miles from San Diego) to get on a plane, which flew it to Memphis (about 1,800 miles away) then fly to the nearest airport to me (Ontario International, 25 miles away) before handing off to the truck for delivery.

So sure, that box traveled around 4,000 miles -- but impressively, FedEx delivered it before the promised time. I mean, I have more delayed/misrouted and lost packages with FedEx than with any other service by a wide margin. But they can be fast.

I don't think the OP's issue has anything to do with a carrier-- I think Company X just dropped the ball on this one. I've made orders in the past week from both Jenny's and M2C, and they shipped within hours. I'll be waiting 3-4 days for USPS, but I'm absolutely fine by that. If I absolutely need a part today, I'll make the drive out to a hobby shop-- the nearest of which is 60 miles round-trip, so I do that sparingly.

I learned a lesson once. I ordered from amains and really wanted the parts so I paid $75 to have it next day air by 10:30 am. Well I got it 5 days later because they take orders in line and this was when covid just happened so they were short on staff and I get it... but it is next day after the order is processed. I could have paid a few dollars more to get moved to the front of the line but I assumed that was already apart of the shipping cost. Live and learn. I now contact any suppliers to see when it is even expected to ship.

I learned a lesson once. I ordered from amains and really wanted the parts so I paid $75 to have it next day air by 10:30 am. Well I got it 5 days later because they take orders in line and this was when covid just happened so they were short on staff and I get it... but it is next day after the order is processed. I could have paid a few dollars more to get moved to the front of the line but I assumed that was already apart of the shipping cost. Live and learn. I now contact any suppliers to see when it is even expected to ship.
That makes me angry.

Company X is Horizon Hobby. Even worse, they're 4 hours south of me.

I have 3 kids, wife, job, military, and other stuff to worry about, so when I get time to myself to do hobby stuff, it's a big deal. That's why I pay $$ for fast shipping because my time is valuable.

When I don't get what I expect after paying a premium, it ruins what little free time I have.

I get there's shipping delays, but this is on Horizon.

Paid $20 USPS 2 day Priority Mail, small box, got it in 17 days, sign of the times. Why bother bitching about it, doesn't help, not gonna get your money back and not worth the time doing so.

I've had an incoming package misroute all the way to Colorado-- and USPS managed to get it back to me adding just one day of transit time. IME, 99 times out of 100, shipping delays are the responsibility of the shipper and not the carrier. Unless there's some big weather event, trainwreck, etc, the carriers get the packages where they need to be on time... most of the time.

Incorrect information... I live in Missouri. Had a part ordered from California.. mid day... one day shipping. Was there by morning. This is for work. I typically don't do one day shipping.

But yes horizon hobby is the worst place to ship something 😈
But FedEx is the worst.. I have the package in hand.. still showing its out for delivery 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-172418_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-172418_eBay.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 47
Stuff is so jacked up right now, services like shipping should have lowered their prices to meet their performance level a year ago. Instead, they established a normal of delays and faulty tracking, kept their prices the same or even raised them, and what do we do about it? Nothing, because that's all we can do against the corporate establishment. I bet the shareholders got their dividend checks on time.

Stuff is so jacked up right now, services like shipping should have lowered their prices to meet their performance level a year ago. Instead, they established a normal of delays and faulty tracking, kept their prices the same or even raised them, and what do we do about it? Nothing, because that's all we can do against the corporate establishment. I bet the shareholders got their dividend checks on time.
Things are definitely messed up, I'm looking at weeks for porsche 928gts parts. That normally takes a couple days. Even with it coming from Germany and UK. Parts for Rolls-Royces that I order typically takes 3 days max from England are taking a week or two. Everything is so messed up!

Things are definitely messed up, I'm looking at weeks for porsche 928gts parts. That normally takes a couple days. Even with it coming from Germany and UK. Parts for Rolls-Royces that I order typically takes 3 days max from England are taking a week or two. Everything is so messed up!
My mattress I just ordered is 9 weeks smh

I ordered spray paint from HH on a Sunday and got 5-10 business ground coming from the Cali warehouse (or that is what they said) (bc they don't send spray paint in airplanes) on the next Tuesday (2 days latter) the paint arrived at our house. I live halfway across the country from Cali.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back