How do you know when you've got the new RC itch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Im sure we all have RCs we see and think would be fun to have. But what happens that makes you go from thinking to buying? That itch only a new rig can scratch and next thing you know you're opening the box. Do you research a while before you decide? Impulse buy?

I want something out of the blue again and realized every year in March/April, I either buy a new rig or build one. Probably something small scale, haven't decided, just know Ive got the itch, lol.

I think its cabin fever from the rain and clouds, March sucks in the PNW, lol.

I saw the Duperbash dirtpark rampage video and thought to myself "I want to do that". My Teknos didn't cut it so I got a 6s Kraton. I've owned a lot of Kratons since then. I think seeing videos of people doing things with RC trucks that interest me influence my buying.

I typically want every new RC that's released..usually wears off after a few days lol. But some rigs have that "IT" factor that make you stay interested to the point where you actually buy one.
Too many rc being released nowadays with the "IT" factor as you mentioned. Have to pace myself, they all have positive reviews. The Omni Terminator carbon fiber has been causing me a serious itch for sometime....

something new
Im sure we all have RCs we see and think would be fun to have. But what happens that makes you go from thinking to buying? That itch only a new rig can scratch and next thing you know you're opening the box. Do you research a while before you decide? Impulse buy?

I want something out of the blue again and realized every year in March/April, I either buy a new rig or build one. Probably something small scale, haven't decided, just know Ive got the itch, lol.

It's very 'natural' to want something new when the RC season starts. Wrenching on your cars is done during winter and this time of the year new releases make an appearance.
Those 'sale' and 'new releases' are not timed randomly;).
Before buying I definitely do research on internet and YT. For me it's part of the 'pre-fun'. Plus you know which upgrade parts you should also buy:LOL:.

Feel ya!

Most of my RC collections are 1/10 Losi or Vaterra RCs, which I liked as I grew up in the 1970s—80s. When they were released as RCs I go nuts. I am glad it has slowed down. I get the itch each time they release an old-school model.

For the 6S/8S rigs, I have more control.

This is the only rig I asked a very popular YT'er build for me to add with my others...many of you have seen this kid I loose my nuts over old school RC's 🤷‍♂️
1711504231130.png
1711504287708.png

1711504317457.png

Last edited:
But what happens that makes you go from thinking to buying?
When the rent ist paid, the familiy has something to eat and there's nothing else left to repair or buy, if there's still money left over, then I'll buy a new RC car. My selection criteria are primariliy optics, a lot of things are the same under the body.

Back