Where to find M8 rod end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I broke a steering link rod end on the DBXLE 2.0. Just the plastic piece.

Paying $60 for a full set of turnbuckles/rod ends from Losi seems like a waste but googling other options is getting me nowhere.

There has to be some cheap M8 rod ends out there somewhere right? 8mm rod, 10mm ball socket.

1702529411922.png

I was gonna say McMaster Carr. Can get male or female ends.

What about Arrma 8s? The exb steer links are 7mm, rod ends should fit. Not sure about the pivot ball diameter though. The rear camber link on them is 8mm diameter..
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/composite-ball-cup-set/ARA330744.html

Screenshot_20231214-085629_Samsung Internet.jpg

I must say, I'm not a fan of how Losi lumps things together.. I need a single shock piston for my Lasernut..but they only sell a kit for $20. I know, $20 isn't breaking the bank but.. what's most strange though, the kit contains plastic spacers for spring preload adjustment, yet the tenacity shock bodies are threaded?🤔🤷‍♂️

What about Arrma 8s? The exb steer links are 7mm, rod ends should fit. Not sure about the pivot ball diameter though. The rear camber link on them is 8mm diameter..
Thanks. Yeah I had the same thought and actually ordered a set, but no go. The 8mm rear link uses a smaller ball than 10mm.

I can't find actual specs on the 5ive T parts but the rod ends look shorter..
I can’t believe how hard it is to find online specs for these cars. I checked Primal, Rovan, Losi, Arrma, MCD, etc. and none of them provide clear specs on turnbuckle, rod end, or ball sizing. Super frustrating.

Last edited:
I can’t believe how hard it is to find online specs for these cars. I checked Primal, Rovan, Losi, Arrma, MCD, etc. and none of them provide clear specs on turnbuckle, rod, or ball sizing. Super frustrating.
I hear that! I would like to believe Losi would use the same size acrossed the 1/5 scale lineup but..🤷‍♂️
I'm tryin bro!!👍🍻
Weird.. I'm looking at shoppable exploded view on Losi.com..the 5ive lists the parts individually, but DBXL is grouped. I'd think the rod length may very well be different, IDK. No 1/5 Losi experience myself. But yeah, clicking p/n on the DBXL exploded view brings up the wrong part on alot of stuff..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back