Kraton Which 6S model will do the best in grass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris8105

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Which model in the 6s lineup will do the best in my back yard in grass? Currently I have a 6s Typhon with stock tires, and it doesn’t do that great in the grass. It sits a little low for the grass. I was looking at the Kraton and the Mojave. I don’t think the Mojave sits much higher than the Typhon does off the ground. Any recommendations?

Mojave sits a little higher and will work well in the grass. Any other off road truck besides the typhon will work pretty well, it just depends on what you like. You could always run some larger tires on your typhon too to help it out. Mojave tires or the backflip lp's off the 4s outcast are nice. You may need to swap to kraton hubs/stub axles/hex to clear the wheels but would def make it sit up higher. I took my first typhon and widened it out with kraton/outcast arms and ran senton towers with a bug body on backflip lp's to make it a little more rough terrain friendly.

dude buggy.jpg

Mojave sits a little higher and will work well in the grass. Any other off road truck besides the typhon will work pretty well, it just depends on what you like. You could always run some larger tires on your typhon too to help it out. Mojave tires or the backflip lp's off the 4s outcast are nice. You may need to swap to kraton hubs/stub axles/hex to clear the wheels but would def make it sit up higher. I took my first typhon and widened it out with kraton/outcast arms and ran senton towers with a bug body on backflip lp's to make it a little more rough terrain friendly.

View attachment 310311
That looks good. I have seen a couple YouTube videos on putting bigger wheels on it and truggifying it. What wheels are on the one on your picture?

That looks good. I have seen a couple YouTube videos on putting bigger wheels on it and truggifying it. What wheels are on the one on your picture?
Backflip lp’s off the 4s outcast

Which model in the 6s lineup will do the best in my back yard in grass? Currently I have a 6s Typhon with stock tires, and it doesn’t do that great in the grass. It sits a little low for the grass. I was looking at the Kraton and the Mojave. I don’t think the Mojave sits much higher than the Typhon does off the ground. Any recommendations?
Mostly depends how tight and short the grass is cut. Do you cut it yourself? Maybe make it like a Golf green, low and tight.:giggle:
I have tried my Mojave Fortress tires on my Typhon and it fits just fine for the most part. As tall a tire as you can go no issues.
I find the 6s Kraton, Notorious/OC or the Fireteam to be best on the grass.
I feel The FT however is the absolute winner in tall thick grass. With the Fireteam's taller but Narrower tires. Very Strong tires as well.(y)
Fitting a stock Typhon with any taller MT wheels will pose a clearance issue. Not many choices due to the shorter Arms.
The Fireteam tire, although ugly as many say, are great all around tires with most any "Wide Armed" 6s rig.
Back flip Tires are probably the best for traction. And Big air.

Last edited:
I love my Mojave..... but would recommend the Kraton with the wider stance..... either one would be fine IMO

don't have the Fireteam, but @SrC would know..... Hey..... question for @SrC .....is the FT top heavy like they say? Not to get off topic, but I have to be a little careful with the Mojave because it is narrower than the Kraton. I have a crawler whose Achilles heel is that its top heavy compared top others

Suspension wise Mojave and FT, I feel some similarities.
The FT is nose heavy as well as top heavy. Body/cage are over 2 pounds right alone. But the XLWB chassis spreads out that weight well enough. The FT is the heaviest 6s model out the box .I Moved the battery tray rearward and nose diving was diminished greatly. Many have done this. I didnt use the wider Kraton hubs and stub axels. It runs the stock ones , same the the Talion's . I Changed the roll center and layed down the shocks all the way.and that makes it very stable now. Little traction rolling. No more than my 6s Kraton. Very little chassis roll now. My FT runs the way I like it now. A rear bumper really helps. I modded the OE one. rear strikes don't damage much now. It wheelies in stock form. I even dropped the ESC timing down all the way. So it runs much cooler now. All stock electrics using the speed gear all the time. The only major upgrades were just the CF sleeve over the T2T brace. And got Fr and R Alloy braces. I also swapped out the stock Motor BB's right away with 2 Ceramic ones. I had sets of them on hand.

Last edited:
Suspension wise Mojave and FT, I feel some similarities.
The FT is nose heavy as well as top heavy. But the XLWB chassis spreads out tthat weight well enough. I Moved the battery tray rearward and nose diving was diminished greatly. Many have done this. I didnt use the wider Kraton hubs and stub axels. I Changed the roll center and layed down the shocks all the way.and that makes it very stable now. Very little chassis roll now. My FT runs the way I like it now. A rear bumper reall helps. The only majotr ugrades were Just the CF sleeve over the T2T brace. And got Fr and R Alloy braces.
Sounds like a formula for success....maybe the Fireteam is a good choice for grass that is taller than golf course green height.... (but not a jungle....)

Thank you sir

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back