Kraton Best 6S model for running in backyard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris8105

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Which 6S model am I going to want to go with for backyard driving? I have a Typhon 6S and it doesn’t do all that great in grass. I was looking at the Kraton and the Mojave. The Mojave doesn’t look like it sits much higher than the Typhon. Any recommendations?

You need ground clearance my friend. Mojave won’t help with that. But a Kraton would.

You could also try bigger tires on your Typhon.
How big is this yard? Id think if it were small I'd go Notorious because you'd have ground clearance and a wild ride in a small space.
My backyard is almost an acre. With a bigger yard would you go with the Kraton?

Kraton will get across fast,making it seem small almost. I think you'll have more fun with the notorious.
Kraton will get across fast,making it seem small almost. I think you'll have more fun with the notorious.
From what I've heard it's more durable than the kraton. Maybe I've heard wrong?

Get both !!!
Which 6S model am I going to want to go with for backyard driving? I have a Typhon 6S and it doesn’t do all that great in grass. I was looking at the Kraton and the Mojave. The Mojave doesn’t look like it sits much higher than the Typhon. Any recommendations?
Nice your getting both who's better than you. Congrats!!

I've got a pretty large yard back there and honestly I'm all over the Notorious. I've been researching and comparing myself for about 6 months on the same question and while I don't own either im goin with the Notorious after all my reading/videos on this.
My style of driving is more of the wot and enjoy the crazy ride. I love wheelies and flipping all over so I think the Notorious is the ticket for me. they handle pretty different though so how do you bash?
Notorious is wild- kraton is more stable and faster handling. Comes down to you and what your looking for.

From what I've heard it's more durable than the kraton. Maybe I've heard wrong?

I think it comes down to the shorter wheelbase of the Notorious. The chassis being shorter are stronger. I think in every other aspect its pretty close.

I have a Kraton 6s and one of the mini Burgandys has a 6s Noto
They are both awesome and you should have no trouble skimming across any yard with either rig .
I will say the noto is different and at least for me took some gettin use to .
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with either.

Get u a FireTeam...The Jack of all Trades RC..IMO

Said it before, say it again..Kraton is king! 💪🏼
imo: The fireteam wheels and tires are ugly, the body is ugly and heavy. And because I wanted something a little longer but not a FT, Kraton XL is the way I decided to go. Lots of options in Arrma land! 😎

What makes the Fireteam so special except the weird body and tires!?
2” longer Talion for better control and stability with a quick hub and hex change it’s a Kraton XL, also has a lockup handbrake 👍

Not fond of the $200 body myself

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_2579.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back