Limitless Which brushless motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmablx3s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
What motor do people mostly install on the limitless ? What’s the best bang for your buck?

What are you trying to do with the car? Is there a goal you’d like to hit for speed runs?? You wanna be like me? And street bash your limitless like it’s an infraction? Haha.. if we know what you want or some of your goals it’ll be easier to recommend something to you. :) build budget as well. ;)

If you don't wanna spend a fortune, go to Jenny's rc and buy the blx.185 system. You csn find the blx 185 systems on eBay from other kit breakers as well.. ??

The BLX185/2050kv combo would be fine for just bashing around, but make sure you get a smaller pinion and a center diff from the Infraction (46T) or any of the other 6S rigs (50T).

What are you trying to do with the car? Is there a goal you’d like to hit for speed runs?? You wanna be like me? And street bash your limitless like it’s an infraction? Haha.. if we know what you want or some of your goals it’ll be easier to recommend something to you. :) build budget as well. ;)
Mainly speed runs down my street the thought of hitting 100 mph is scary to me but would be nice

I got this one was gonna go for the spektrum that's in the 8S But this was only a couple dollars more on eBay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-192055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-192055_Chrome.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 255
Thats the same combo i have just bought but ive been told this morning that the kv is to low and will need a massive pinion on it to hit 80 mph... Im a little worried as ive ordered and paid for it now

Probly going to put this one in the k8 And put the electronics from that in the infraction

Last edited:
EDIT - This was for KRATON gearing, not Limitless, I got my threads crossed...

Thats the same combo i have just bought but ive been told this morning that the kv is to low and will need a massive pinion on it to hit 80 mph... Im a little worried as ive ordered and paid for it now
Yeah, you would need a 22t pinion to match stock wheel speed. And that is close to maxing out the stock mount.
You could also order the 46t (Infraction) spur, then run the stock pinion. This give you a bit of extra wheel speed - a 46/11 is about the same ratio as a 50/12 -

50t / 12t = 4.16
46t / 11t = 4.18
46t / 12t = 3.83

Last edited:
Yeah, you would need a 22t pinion to match stock wheel speed. And that is close to maxing out the stock mount.
You could also order the 46t (Infraction) spur, then run the stock pinion. This give you a bit of extra wheel speed - a 46/11 is about the same ratio as a 50/12 -

50t / 12t = 4.16
46t / 11t = 4.18
46t / 12t = 3.83

So i managed to change my order, ive now ordered a max6 combo with a 4985 1650kv motor, hoping this is a better combo and can you please help with a gear ratio please mate all this electric stuff is new to me

Lots of ways to do the rollout math, I take the easy road and ignore the diffs and tire size most of the time, because we are really just comparing motor changes.

Spur = 50
Stock pinion = 12
Stock motor KV = 2050

So 50 / 12 = 4.16 / 2050 =.00203

Change the KV to your 1650, and work the math backwards -
.00203 * 1650 = 3.353 (Ratio you need to make equal rollout)
50 / 3.353 = 14.9 -

You need a 15t pinion for rollout equal to stock with a 1650kv motor

Last edited:
Lots of ways to do the rollout math, I take the easy road and ignore the diffs and tire size most of the time, because we are really just comparing motor changes.

Spur = 50
Stock pinion = 12
Stock motor KV = 2050

So 50 / 12 = 4.16 / 2050 =.00203

Change the KV to your 1650, and work the math backwards -
.00203 * 1650 = 3.353 (Ratio you need to make equal rollout)
50 / 3.353 = 14.9 -

You need a 15t pinion for rollout equal to stock with a 1650kv motor
you sir know your stuff next question is i cant find any pinion on the arrma web site just spools. does any pinion gear fit or does it have to be for the limitless from arrma etc
Sorry for daft questions always had 5th scales petrol

Almost any brand of pinion can work. Things pay attention to -
Bore - the size of the hole in the pinion - the stock motor is 5mm (as are most 1/8 motors)
Tooth size/pitch/mod - look for Mod1 gears.

So only look at 5mm bore, Mod1 pinions, and you will be fine.

Also, if you have a choice, get hardened steel over regular steel, and regular steel over anything else.

Last - there are some "Long shank" pinions - these are for nitro conversion, don't buy these gears for your Arrma.

I generally buy Robinson Racing pinions, but IDK if they in the UK.

Almost any brand of pinion can work. Things pay attention to -
Bore - the size of the hole in the pinion - the stock motor is 5mm (as are most 1/8 motors)
Tooth size/pitch/mod - look for Mod1 gears.

So only look at 5mm bore, Mod1 pinions, and you will be fine.

Also, if you have a choice, get hardened steel over regular steel, and regular steel over anything else.

Last - there are some "Long shank" pinions - these are for nitro conversion, don't buy these gears for your Arrma.

I generally buy Robinson Racing pinions, but IDK if they in the UK.
some thing like this mate https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARRMA-St...252565&hash=item5217ba28e9:g:VSMAAOSwP7Reshg4

That pinion will work. With the 1650kv 4985 motor, your speed should be very similar to stock, but you should have more torque to the wheels.

Last edited:
I also already have a 39t spur gear not sure where that sits in all the workings

I also already have a 39t spur gear not sure where that sits in all the workings
Re-reading this thread this morning, realized I goofed. Some how I got wires crossed, and thought ya'll were chatting about a KRATON motor replacement, and all my gearing was based on KRATON stock gearing, not LIMITLESS. The math does work, so run the numbers with your gearing, and you can fugure it out easy.

Pretty sure if you took a poll of speed runners the motor with the best bang for your buck would be the TP Power 4070-cm
Yes this would be the popular choice if you’re going to swap the motor mount around. If you want dual trays, the biggest TP is the 4050 if I’m not mistaken.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back