Kraton Which Hobbywing Max8 for Kraton 4S V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenoman742

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Am looking to buy a Hobbywing Max8 combo for my Kraton 4S. Which one is recommended for this truck, 2500kv or 2250kv? Also can I run the stock Spektrum 2400kv motor on the Max8 esc? Am looking for more adjustability in the esc. The stock esc seems to be hitting the low voltage cutoff much too early and I see no way to adjust that setting.

I run the 2250kv motor in my Kraton exb and it’s a blast ! The 2500kv is only rated for 4s use while the 2250 is 6s capable.

I run the 2250kv motor in my Kraton exb and it’s a blast ! The 2500kv is only rated for 4s use while the 2250 is 6s capable.
how does the 2250kv do on 6s does it get hot thinking of getting the g2 combo at some point

It’s amazing, i run it with a 17t pinion it was getting warm so I did put two protek fans to help with cooling and it’s been great now it stays at below 170 but I will have to gear down a bit since summer is coming and I’m expecting it to run hotter. The g2 combo is a great combo I do highly recommend it to anyone it’s super powerful and I like it’s adjustability.

max 8 g2 2250 combo is great in the kraton 4s. Mine never even gets hot and thats with a 20t pinion on 4s.

I only intend to run 4S. How does the power on the 2250 compare to the stock 2400 when running on 4S? Are you running on road or off road with the 20 tooth pinion?
I've done on road and off road, I can't compare to stock though as I took the stock stuff out before I even tried it. The max 8 g2 combo is worth it just for the sensored ability alone. Gearing up on the 3s/4s rigs introduces nasty cogging really fast and the sensored setup makes it smooth as butter regardless of what gearing you use.

I have a question. How much heavier is the max 8 g2 combo over stock?

I actually threw a Max10 G2 Combo in mine and it's been awesome. That being said it definitely gets a little toasty after a 4S pack through rougher terrain (grass or wet baseball diamonds especially) and I've started to wonder if the Max8 would have been a better option. I only want to run it on 4S so I guess a Max8 would mitigate some of the heat issues.

EDIT: I should note that I got it on sale for $175 so it was a killer deal, the Max8 G2 combo is more than double, it's only $250 so the savings right there pushed me to upgrade from stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back