Limitless Which side for battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Limitless V1.
Stock motor position.
XLX2.
One 3S/4S battery.

I’ll have to dremel one of the battery trays to mount the XLX2.

Which side would be better for weight distribution? My gut says battery on passenger side and XLX2/motor on driver side.

That would make sense because you have some weight on each side. It also keeps your wires from your ESC to your Motor short and tidy, while giving you a bit of extra room on the other side. But if you are speed running getting the side to side weight is not as important as racing where you need to turn corners.

Some other options, I have the motor in the stock location (Limitless V1) with an XLX2. You will need to mount the Servo to the center down brace and relocate the receiver/box. The notes are in my build log.
IMG_4820.jpg

If you can run both batteries on one side you might be able to fit them end to end on the driver's side. Move the motor to the passenger side and put the XLX2 behind the motor. It depends on how long your batteries are. This is from Ebay, as example, not an endorsement.
1679263116453.png

That would make sense because you have some weight on each side. It also keeps your wires from your ESC to your Motor short and tidy, while giving you a bit of extra room on the other side. But if you are speed running getting the side to side weight is not as important as racing where you need to turn corners.

Some other options, I have the motor in the stock location (Limitless V1) with an XLX2. You will need to mount the Servo to the center down brace and relocate the receiver/box. The notes are in my build log. View attachment 286696

If you can run both batteries on one side you might be able to fit them end to end on the driver's side. Move the motor to the passenger side and put the XLX2 behind the motor. It depends on how long your batteries are. This is from Ebay, as example, not an endorsement.
View attachment 286701
Thanks. I believe I’m using the same batteries as you - 9.5Ah CNHL. Unfortunately way too long to mount two end to end.

I’m pretty sure my front center brace will have to be removed for my wide center driveshafts to fit. I suppose maybe I could 3D design and print a servo mount.

Why did you choose to move your ESC from that T2T brace to the chassis?

Thanks. I believe I’m using the same batteries as you - 9.5Ah CNHL. Unfortunately way too long to mount two end to end.

I’m pretty sure my front center brace will have to be removed for my wide center driveshafts to fit. I suppose maybe I could 3D design and print a servo mount.

Why did you choose to move your ESC from that T2T brace to the chassis?

It's your rig and you should make it your own, build it the way you like it. I'm just sharing some thoughts that may help you out. If you're not into it, no worries from me. i.e. Don't take this as I'm trying to tell you the "right way".

I don't know that you can double stack the CNHL 9500 effectively under the standard body? In retrospect I would have gone with different batteries. I also have some SMCs that are smaller and I get the same performance from. It would have opened up a lot of options for the configuration. But since I committed to the ginormous CNHLs it is what it is.

Most people (me included) use the center brace for mounting the XLX2. But I didn't like the result. The body sat too high, there is no air flow up there, it's ugly, the brace is very soft and tends to bend as well. I still have it but I'm looking for a way to ditch it and go back to stock, but I need home for my Receiver and GPS.

I have the Carbon Fiber Perfect Pass drive shafts and the are about 10mm in diameter and I had to some clearancing as you said.
1679270390809.png

My first go-round I had the tiny bit of touching and blemished my drive shafts. So I removed more material and added the 3rd screw at the bottom. Even with the modification it's plenty stiff from the aluminum bits.
1679270445521.png

Anyway, just some info and thoughts, take what you like and toss the rest.

It's your rig and you should make it your own, build it the way you like it. I'm just sharing some thoughts that may help you out. If you're not into it, no worries from me. i.e. Don't take this as I'm trying to tell you the "right way".

I don't know that you can double stack the CNHL 9500 effectively under the standard body? In retrospect I would have gone with different batteries. I also have some SMCs that are smaller and I get the same performance from. It would have opened up a lot of options for the configuration. But since I committed to the ginormous CNHLs it is what it is.

Most people (me included) use the center brace for mounting the XLX2. But I didn't like the result. The body sat too high, there is no air flow up there, it's ugly, the brace is very soft and tends to bend as well. I still have it but I'm looking for a way to ditch it and go back to stock, but I need home for my Receiver and GPS.

I have the Carbon Fiber Perfect Pass drive shafts and the are about 10mm in diameter and I had to some clearancing as you said.
View attachment 286722

My first go-round I had the tiny bit of touching and blemished my drive shafts. So I removed more material and added the 3rd screw at the bottom. Even with the modification it's plenty stiff from the aluminum bits.
View attachment 286726

Anyway, just some info and thoughts, take what you like and toss the rest.
Great info - thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back