Vorteks Why are the solders trash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DroopNutz

Reaction score
That's it. Just asking why I spend thousands for trash solders??? Arrma?? Horizon hobby? Any answers?? Intermittent power because of trash solder. Love disassembling a car to fix your trash engineering. Starting to think electric is trash and gas is where to go. Prove me wrong???

Clearly can't handle the 3s. Solder on the battery cable broke in 5 weeks. Nailed it. Again why do we sell 2s cars that say 3s. Can beat the breaks off the body and parts, but don't put a 3s in there, just gonna melt you cables. Thanks spectrum, great job

sexy the bomb GIF

I've only run a stock 2wd Ruster twice on 3s. Both times the trucks started making crackling sounds and billowing black smoke. 3s capable means "at your own risk".

Any specifics here? I have had zero problems with my 5 rigs , especially when it comes to the connectors/soldering/ factory assembly (other than the factory should do better at filling the diffs)..... not that its impossible have solder problems..... but, where is the specific problem?

Just tryin to be helpful.....

Welcome to the forum !!!

Purchasing an Arrma is like a box of chocolates..you never know.

Suggest you take it apart and do a preliminary check before your run it. Lots of threads here giving details instructions on what needs to be done.

Anger, Despair and Frustration is all part of owning an Arrma rig. If you want to increase these emotions exponentially, get a nitro.

So your just gonna jump around the forum posting about the same issue over and over but not give any actual details as to circumstances?

The 3s vehicles are perfectly capable of 3s.... so long as gearing and temps are within reason.

Sounds to me like what would suit you best would be to sell your arrma and buy a traxxas or the likes.

Sounds like skill issue. But in all seriousness vorteks comes geared too high out of the box. It's geared for on road basically but sold as an off roader. If you run big packs and leave stock gearing on I'm not entirely surprised it got hot enough to melt the solder.

So your just gonna jump around the forum posting about the same issue over and over but not give any actual details as to circumstances?

The 3s vehicles are perfectly capable of 3s.... so long as gearing and temps are within reason.

Sounds to me like what would suit you best would be to sell your arrma and buy a traxxas or the likes.
And 4s with a proper esc for a short time 🤣

Back