Big Rock Why do people just throw the trucks down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djoldskool50$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Voltage
Hey yes im a newbie, I got a senton 4x4, a typhon blx 3s and the big rock blx 3s. I'm curious why when you see people with them, etc... They throw the trucks down etc.. i get it showing the durability, but why throw them around?

Like, literally pick up the truck with their hand and throw it on the ground?

I drop my Mojave to the ground, it can handle much worse. My Typhon is set up for street use, I'm a little more gentle with it. I

f you've seen how far these things fly, you wouldn't think twice about it. The first time I saw someone just drop thier truck, and heard that big ol' chassis slap, I wondered the same thing. :ROFLMAO:

I drop mine cause it primes the shock oil, sets the travel, aligns the pinion, and mixes the diff oil before I go pull some bada$$ery stunt tricks😎🤣

I get what your saying, but the truck drop is just like what @Edough13 said.. primes the shock oil and all that good stuff. Honestly these trucks take much worse abuse when sending them through the air or even going over a gnarly bump.. that initial small toss is like a smack on the ass to your car saying get ready haha a nice “good game” tap ya know haha

I drop mine cause it primes the shock oil, sets the travel, aligns the pinion, and mixes the diff oil before I go pull some bada$$ery stunt tricks😎🤣
What "E" said, I wanna warm'emup and get them lose. Plus I love the sound of my Talion hitting the ground! The other 3 I'm slightly more gentle but on a Summer day it's all fair game baby!

Hey yes im a newbie, I got a senton 4x4, a typhon blx 3s and the big rock blx 3s. I'm curious why when you see people with them, etc... They throw the trucks down etc.. i get it showing the durability, but why throw them around?
Dude, when you're older, you're happy you only have to bend down to pick it up. :)

Like, literally pick up the truck with their hand and throw it on the ground?
Yes, I know they are a beast but i see videos they just take them out and throw them before they run. Just curious what does that achieve. Heck since 4-1-21 i have spent $1200 and i know these are bashers etc.. but to do them that way wow.
Dude, when you're older, you're happy you only have to bend down to pick it up. :)
Hey im a old newbie just curious
What "E" said, I wanna warm'emup and get them lose. Plus I love the sound of my Talion hitting the ground! The other 3 I'm slightly more gentle but on a Summer day it's all fair game baby!
Again im a newbie didn't no
I get what your saying, but the truck drop is just like what @Edough13 said.. primes the shock oil and all that good stuff. Honestly these trucks take much worse abuse when sending them through the air or even going over a gnarly bump.. that initial small toss is like a smack on the ass to your car saying get ready haha a nice “good game” tap ya know haha
Thanks for telling me. Good group of folks i just got my big rock also. So i got the senton 3x blx, the typhon 3x blx, my kick but arrma voltage i upgraded, and 4 more others

Yes, I know they are a beast but i see videos they just take them out and throw them before they run.
Kevin Talbot traditionally drives his right out of the trunk of his Land Rover or right off tables. Sometimes he lauches them off the roof of his Land Rover. No damage doing that, but his videos are only complete if he breaks something.....

Yes, I know they are a beast but i see videos they just take them out and throw them before they run. Just curious what does that achieve. Heck since 4-1-21 i have spent $1200 and i know these are bashers etc.. but to do them that way wow.

Dropping it onto the ground (or even giving it a light throw) sets the ride height to where the vehicle would be normally and gets it into the correct part of the shock travel. If you gently place it down, the truck will be more at full shock extension. If you ever raced, you definitely want to set the ride height when launching it from a dead stop to maximize traction, you get way less if you don't.

The other thing it will do is quickly test your suspension and it will be obvious if something is wrong (broken shock rod end, wheel nut not tightened, loose spring cup, etc). So there is a practical reason for doing so.

Kevin Talbot traditionally drives his right out of the trunk of his Land Rover or right off tables. Sometimes he lauches them off the roof of his Land Rover. No damage doing that, but his videos are only complete if he breaks something.....
Kevins videos are great! Its awesome what he does to test durability.

For reals, all the answeres have been said. If you had the ability to store the 1:1 sized toys without compressing springs, or putting flat spots in wheels, wouldn’t you?

Lol- I must have my noto set up stiff! It doesn't slap unless you drop it from shoulder height. I just got back from a small group bash with mostly trashass folks. Most of them cringed when I flopped it down from waist height on the parking lot.
I also like to listen for loose parts/broken parts when I do the first drop.

Dropping it onto the ground (or even giving it a light throw) sets the ride height to where the vehicle would be normally and gets it into the correct part of the shock travel. If you gently place it down, the truck will be more at full shock extension. If you ever raced, you definitely want to set the ride height when launching it from a dead stop to maximize traction, you get way less if you don't.

The other thing it will do is quickly test your suspension and it will be obvious if something is wrong (broken shock rod end, wheel nut not tightened, loose spring cup, etc). So there is a practical reason for doing so.
Again im new at this just curious.

I don't know about you all but I am extremely careful with mine. I always gently place them down. Even on those 80ft sends I make sure to aim for the stack of pillows I have on the other side. I remember 1 time I missed the foam pit and put a small scratch in the bottom of my chassis. I was going to buy a new 1 because of it but decided to leave it there as a reminder to how careless I was that day.

I just received my big rock today, and I’ve noticed that I have some money to spend before it sounds like my granite when I flip it down.... also had my brother in law say that he could tell the thing was extremely solid just by how it sounded when I dropped it....🤷🏼‍♂️. I guess the big rock sounds a bit more floppy.... plus’s the gears sound kinda crunchy, so imma strip it down and go through everything, before I go put it through it’s paces

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back