Big Rock Why do people just throw the trucks down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my big rock today, and I’ve noticed that I have some money to spend before it sounds like my granite when I flip it down.... also had my brother in law say that he could tell the thing was extremely solid just by how it sounded when I dropped it....🤷🏼‍♂️. I guess the big rock sounds a bit more floppy.... plus’s the gears sound kinda crunchy, so imma strip it down and go through everything, before I go put it through it’s paces

BRCC suspension is soft as compared to the Granite.

I don't know about you all but I am extremely careful with mine. I always gently place them down. Even on those 80ft sends I make sure to aim for the stack of pillows I have on the other side. I remember 1 time I missed the foam pit and put a small scratch in the bottom of my chassis. I was going to buy a new 1 because of it but decided to leave it there as a reminder to how careless I was that day.
Don't beat yourself up about it but. You could always send it to body shop, I'm sure they could fill and polish it out for you.... Unless you don't have an M2CR
chassis in which case you need to replace it to allow for scoundrels moving pillows in the future...🤯

Don't beat yourself up about it but. You could always send it to body shop, I'm sure they could fill and polish it out for you.... Unless you don't have an M2CR
chassis in which case you need to replace it to allow for scoundrels moving pillows in the future...🤯
Thankfully I have the goliath chassis from m2c. If it was stock it would have self detonated. I was going to claim it on my home owners insurance but they must have had a bad connection. Every time I called it a heavily motified 1/8 scale off road vehicle we would get disconnected. Maybe I should put it on my auto policy 🤷‍♂️

Like, literally pick up the truck with their hand and throw it on the ground?
IF IT WERE MY RC AND SOMEONE DID THAT TO MY TRUCK, ETC. I'DE HAVE TO KICK THERE ASSES. DAVE/DADDYO
Just drive em, don't treat your bashers nice, just drive them till something breaks, have a great bashing day, lads.. DAVE/DADDYO, RC'ING FOR OVER 50 YEARS.

Last edited:
Duders, I drop my granite and big rock from an extended arm.... I don’t throw them at the ground... I had a shock eyelet pop off today on my big rock, and it was on the drop that it happened..... it’s a way to check for articulation in the suspension, and make sure it doesn’t rebound weird.... also you can listen for weird sounds on the suspension travel

Hey yes im a newbie, I got a senton 4x4, a typhon blx 3s and the big rock blx 3s. I'm curious why when you see people with them, etc... They throw the trucks down etc.. i get it showing the durability, but why throw them around?
Is the same reason I go to the dollar store and put pool noodles on them and jump them as far as I can and as high as I can because they are cheap pieces of good truck they don't cause half as much to fix as my success AS or fiscal They are better yet known as the toy you let the others play with................. Just to catch up with all my Run on settings It is to show people the dorability and how cheap they can be to play with.

Kevin Talbot traditionally drives his right out of the trunk of his Land Rover or right off tables. Sometimes he lauches them off the roof of his Land Rover. No damage doing that, but his videos are only complete if he breaks something.....
This is 1 thing i do just as long as not plain straight concrete. In the grass I drive the girl out of the back seat or outa back of my crv

I drop mine cause it primes the shock oil, sets the travel, aligns the pinion, and mixes the diff oil before I go pull some bada$$ery stunt tricks😎🤣
iF YOU WANT TO DROP EM OR THROW EM ITS ALLRIGHT, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE BUILT FOR, JUST don't GET CRAZY KID. WHAT KIND OF ABUSE DO YOU THINK THEY GO THROUGH WHEN YOU ARE BASHING OR JUMPING FROM 40 OR 50 FEET IN THE AIR ON A TRIPPLE FLIP, SOMETIMES THEY BRAKE SOMETIMES THEY don't JUST DO IT. I HAVE BEEN DRIVING RC EVERYTHING FOR 40+ YEARS THE RC'S ARE STRONGER NOW THEN THEY EVER WERE. MY SAYING IS BUILD UM, DRIVE UM, BRAKE UM, FIX UM, DRIVE UM, MORE, HAVE FUN. :>) DADDYO DAVE 77 YRS OLD AND STILL KICKING IT IN RC.
GO FOR A RIP IN MY FELONY 6S BLX HIT A CURB OR WALL @ 80 MPH AND CROSS YOUR FINGERS MAN.

I'm really just too lazy to gently set down the truck that I'm about to launch off a concrete BMX ramp right into the hard pack dirt. I also tend to use my foot to flip it over and if it's not obviously broken and still has throttle and steering I keep bashing.

Sometimes I'll pretend it's like sending out a Pokemon when I toss it for good measure.

I'm really just too lazy to gently set down the truck that I'm about to launch off a concrete BMX ramp right into the hard pack dirt. I also tend to use my foot to flip it over and if it's not obviously broken and still has throttle and steering I keep bashing.

Sometimes I'll pretend it's like sending out a Pokemon when I toss it for good measure.
Go kraton 6s !
pokemon go GIF

1625367546433.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back