Why is this happening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
I keep stripping the inside of my hoons rear ones here’s a pic someone help me I’m tired of changing new tires and also let me know if I can fix to re use the tires thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

I keep stripping the inside of my hoons rear ones here’s a pic someone help me I’m tired of changing new tires and also let me know if I can fix to re use the tires thanks

View attachment 173017

View attachment 173018
That sucks man. If it was mine I would make sure the wheel is on all the way. And maybe check bearings. Make sure nothing is binding up. My guess is probably is good as urs

A pic of the hub ? Try turning the hub with the tire off.

Last edited:
Check every hub when you put them on, if they aren’t aligned and connected, that can happen also make sure every wheel is tightened before each run.

A pic of the hub ? Try turning the hub with the tire off.
Is tight you can see the mark from the nut

image.jpg

image.jpg

Check every hub when you put them on, if they aren’t aligned and connected, that can happen also make sure every wheel is tightened before each run.
Connected like the nut tight and in all th way ?
I think the 1260kv castle has too much torque could it be ?

Corners are rounded it will continue at this point. I would replace them. Is your punch set high?
Cool thanks man it makes sense yeah I have plenty I buy them from Jenny’s just to have I’ll swap it out before my next run !

Yes I think it’s the hub it’s the second time that is has ate fairly new tire hubs it is I hope it stops
I destroyed 4 sets of wheels by having the hex come loose and the hex on the wheel rounding off (2 of those times were with proline 8x32 replaceable hexes, so that was nice.)
edit: it was the same hub so I replaced the hub and hexes.

I destroyed 4 sets of wheels by having the hex come loose and the hex on the wheel rounding off (2 of those times were with proline 8x32 replaceable hexes, so that was nice.)
edit: it was the same hub so I replaced the hub and hexes.
The hexes is where the tread is the locking nut goes on right ? Just to be clear what I’m replacing.

I've had wheels come off alot.sucks ruining new expensive wheels.. I guarantee you you do this and they'll never come off.had 1 come off in the 120s few weeks ago cause I forgot to put 1 back
on.hi -powered systems do it worse

16337283459081728190050003777945.jpg

16337283664518182367776936532952.jpg

16337283880698755829229645436369.jpg

16337285093911346699763576588832.jpg

Before you throw them out or whatever you are doing with them, check out this thread.
You are the fudging man my dude is the wide tires so more dough now I use the ones I have sitting there thanks you saved me money thanks
Bro!!!!!
I've had wheels come off alot.sucks ruining new expensive wheels.. I guarantee you you do this and they'll never come off.had 1 come off in the 120s few weeks ago cause I forgot to put 1 back
on.hi -powered systems do it worse

View attachment 173022

View attachment 173023

View attachment 173024

View attachment 173025
Dude thanks I’m definitely doing this from now on thanks man !

Is that the original Hoon.
I have never had this issue ever or loose or lost wheels while running these Hoons. I will say that with my Lim when new out the box, they were so tight that I had to destroy 3 of 4 to get them off. They were screwed on so tight at Factory Assy., that the wheel hubs were crushed and into the hubs. A few BB's were damaged a well. as were 2 front hex adapters and wheel nuts. HH stepped up no issue. My Lim was a very early release.

I can only say that your Hoon issues are user error. Once over tightened, ( point of no return) the wheel hexes are compromised. They crush. Spread out, round out and are useless. The nut will bottom out on the axle without much grip onto the wheel hex. Its just a domino etffect.
Again, I never had issues with my Hoons. The Disk (Lim) or Spoker versions. I check my nuts frequently before and between packs. Sometimes mid runs.
My spin.

Edit: not all upgrade closed wheel nuts are the same. Some are too deep some too shallow. and bottom out onto the hex adapter before they can truly snug against the wheel tight enough. Basically a loose wheel. The above o-ring trick can work I guess.

Last edited:
You are the fudging man my dude is the wide tires so more dough now I use the ones I have sitting there thanks you saved me money thanks
Bro!!!!!

Dude thanks I’m definitely doing this from now on thanks man !
You'll notice there's alot more resistance when taking them off for like 2 turns,opposed to 1/8 a turn from no orings..I've never had one come off with the orings..they act like a lock-washer

Is that the original Hoon.
I have never had this issue ever or loose or lost wheels while running these Hoons. I will say that with my Lim when new out the box, they were so tight that I had to destroy 3 of 4 to get them off. They were screwed on so tight at Factory Assy., that the wheel hubs were crushed and into the hubs. A few BB's were damaged a well. as were 2 front hex adapters and wheel nuts. HH stepped up no issue. My Lim was a very early release.

I can only say that your Hoon issues are user error. Once over tightened, ( point of no return) the wheel hexes are compromised. They crush. Spread out, round out and are useless. The nut will bottom out on the axle without much grip onto the wheel hex. Its just a domino etffect.
Again, I never had issues with my Hoons. The Disk (Lim) or Spoker versions. I check my nuts frequently before and between packs. Sometimes mid runs.
My spin.

Edit: not all upgrade closed wheel nuts are the same. Some are too deep some too shallow. and bottom out onto the hex adapter before they can truly snug against the wheel tight enough. Basically a loose wheel. The above o-ring trick can work I guess.
So don’t over tighten which I might do because I go even after is no more to go so you might have a point there .
Yeah I have a few oh those sets that’s onto Jenny’s lol just for spare so I’m definitely swapping the tea ones out .

At some point as you tighten the nuts, the serrations of the nut will bite the plastic(wheel). If you can feel that initial bite, just go 1/8 turn more.
It's just a feel that you develope. Repeating the same every time, every wheel the same way. Using the SAME wheel wrench. You end up with a feel for the torque that is needed. The wheels are rather soft plastic. Go Overtight one time or a few, and the wheel gets bricked. Becomes a problem wheel.
Tightening here is subjective. Can't explain it better.:)
I always bring my wheel wrench with me out in the field. I always check them like stated in my above post.

At some point as you tighten the nuts, the serrations of the nut will bite the plastic(wheel). If you can feel that initial bite, just go 1/8 turn more.
It's just a feel that you develope. Repeating the same every time, every wheel the same way. Using the SAME wheel wrench. You end up with a feel for the torque that is needed. The wheels are rather soft plastic. Go Overtight one time or a few, and the wheel gets bricked. Becomes a problem wheel.
Tightening here is subjective. Can't explain it better.:)
Yeah as soon as I read your post I was like oh oh I over tighten like I said as a precaution when speed running but it never crossed my mind that it would cause wobble and bricks wheels thanks brother .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back