Granite Wing mount for Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smint

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I've been doing some research on wing mount options for the Granite. People on the forums say the Outcast 4s wing mount is a direct fit no mod needed. And then I read a post that the RPM outcast wing mount is stronger (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQ2PCPC/?&tag=arrma-20). Does anyone know if the RPM one will fit the Granite? If it does then might as well get this one instead because it's also cheaper.

I've been doing some research on wing mount options for the Granite. People on the forums say the Outcast 4s wing mount is a direct fit no mod needed. And then I read a post that the RPM outcast wing mount is stronger (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQ2PCPC/?&tag=arrma-20). Does anyone know if the RPM one will fit the Granite? If it does then might as well get this one instead because it's also cheaper.

Thats the 6s wing mount from RPM linked and won't fit the Granite. RPM doesn't produce one yet for the 4s Outcast model.

Thats the 6s wing mount from RPM linked and won't fit the Granite. RPM doesn't produce one yet for the 4s Outcast model.
Thanks that answers my question. I'll stick with the 4s wing mount from arrma unless there are better options.

The post didnt actually say the 4s wing mount was weak, just that the RPM is stronger. So I was looking for best bang for my buck...

Is anyone using the typhoon 3S wing mount?

1580732412447.png

Will be picking up my Granite in a few days. I'm getting the Outcast 4s wing mount and wing. Will I still be able to use my stock wheelie bar or will need to also buy the Outcast 4s wheelie bar?

Your stock wheelie bar will not fit with the O4S wheelie bar. It's it own unit. You will have to trim the body to make everything fit like it should.

Will be picking up my Granite in a few days. I'm getting the Outcast 4s wing mount and wing. Will I still be able to use my stock wheelie bar or will need to also buy the Outcast 4s wheelie bar?
Yes it will work together. You will need to trim the body to expose the wing mount. Basically you will be removing the truck tailgate area.

Yes it will work together. You will need to trim the body to expose the wing mount. Basically you will be removing the truck tailgate area.

Thanks. Was hoping to have it fit without cutting the stock body. I'm replacing the body anyway with something sleeker like the Fazon body. The Fazon has a shorter rear tailgate area so hopefully modifications will be minimal.

Thanks. Was hoping to have it fit without cutting the stock body. I'm replacing the body anyway with something sleeker like the Fazon body. The Fazon has a shorter rear tailgate area so hopefully modifications will be minimal.

I have the 3s Typhon wing and I just cut the width I needed to clear the mount bracing on the wing. Instead of cutting an entire section off I only cut two sides just far enough to bend it up out of the way. This way if I ever remove the wing I can fold it back down and tape it back in place from the inside.

Not sure about the 4s wing but with the 3s Typhon wing doing it the way I did I can still fit the body on the truck with just enough room for the rear bumper between the body and the wing.
20200209_170801.jpg

Oh, and if anyone asks the black tape on the inside of the body is waterproof gaffer tape I added for better durability for the lexan, seems to be doing well.

I have the 3s Typhon wing and I just cut the width I needed to clear the mount bracing on the wing. Instead of cutting an entire section off I only cut two sides just far enough to bend it up out of the way. This way if I ever remove the wing I can fold it back down and tape it back in place from the inside.

Not sure about the 4s wing but with the 3s Typhon wing doing it the way I did I can still fit the body on the truck with just enough room for the rear bumper between the body and the wing.

Oh, and if anyone asks the black tape on the inside of the body is waterproof gaffer tape I added for better durability for the lexan, seems to be doing well.

Thanks for the info and pics. Cutting the small section from from back and folding it looks like a good solution.

Yes.
Is anyone using the typhoon 3S wing mount?

View attachment 63688
We are.it fits kind of janky with the posts for the granite body. I recommend doing what we did which was changing the body mount and posts to the typhon hardware also. You'll have to drill some holes but considering you need to cut the whole tailgate off of the granite body to fit the wing and it's mount no big deal(?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back