Won’t be getting much done now !!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup 40 years, never heard of them. Only morals momma taught me was not peeing in the tub and don't feed sparky under the table 🤷‍♂️

This one is pretty big
Didn’t have a Red Bull to measure but it’s big
I’ll try n find it tomorrow
DCBB5B13-ED64-47FD-A0DE-AE84A354C5D3.jpeg
143079C2-5CEE-4D07-9A97-BFFA310D3017.jpeg

I don’t eat the kind in above pic
But it was pretty big and now I know why I’ve always heard them called “pecker heads” jus sayin 😎

I’ll have to find a pic of the biggest yellow I’ve ever found
If memory serves it was 8 or 9 inch shroom
Found in a gravel pit
Never really seen one that was 7/8 shaft & a tiny head
It was old and dried up laying on ground
I’ve walked passed 1000 peckerhead mushrooms in last couple of weeks
It’s time for the yellows IMO here in California

I’ll have to find a pic of the biggest yellow I’ve ever found
If memory serves it was 8 or 9 inch shroom
Found in a gravel pit

It was old and dried up laying on ground
I’ve walked passed 1000 peckerhead mushrooms in last couple of weeks
It’s time for the yellows IMO here in California
Who'd a thunk our own Ron Burgandy was such a knowledgeable and avid mycophile? And apparently @joshludden as well! Very cool, sirs!

Had no idea they were that popular :ROFLMAO: Can't make this stuff up. There's some biggens ones! Kid on the right is throwing up or bleeding internally after eating one it appears.

My wife’s grandmother (who bought this property and built our house in the early ‘60’s) was an avid mushroom hunter as well and was apparently regarded as an expert in our small community. I’ve never educated myself, and that just sounds silly now as I type this. We have a crazy variety of mushrooms on our property, and I have no idea what any of them are. I’ve taken pictures of them on occasion. One variety was fairly large, 4-5” and brilliant purple. Like, Barney purple. Also bright orange ones, strangely shaped ones, etc.
I gotta do me some learnin’.

1683723959148.png

Evidently this boy is rocking his to sleep. Has a diaper on it. Nuts!

My wife’s grandmother (who bought this property and built our house in the early ‘60’s) was an avid mushroom hunter as well and was apparently regarded as an expert in our small community. I’ve never educated myself, and that just sounds silly now as I type this. We have a crazy variety of mushrooms on our property, and I have no idea what any of them are. I’ve taken pictures of them on occasion. One variety was fairly large, 4-5” and brilliant purple. Like, Barney purple. Also bright orange ones, strangely shaped ones, etc.
You got land ?
Woods?
Just curious
You sound city as hell .
No offense
Just sayin
I would definitely do some googling at minimum prior to eating any wild “mushroom” as the wrong one may mess you rite up !!!
Not in a good way…
There are lots of edible “wild mushrooms” “I” only eat grey and yellow morels.
I ain’t never seen no “edible” purple or orange “mushroom” to my knowledge!
And if I did
It’s probably cause I ate shrooms prior to…🤪
The country boy in me says stay away from anything bright orange or purple !!!!

Just my 2 cents

You got land ?
Woods?
Just curious
You sound city as hell .
No offense
Just sayin
I would definitely do some googling at minimum prior to eating any wild “mushroom” as the wrong one may mess you rite up !!!
Not in a good way…
There are lots of edible “wild mushrooms” “I” only eat grey and yellow morels.
I ain’t never seen no “edible” purple or orange “mushroom” to my knowledge!
And if I did
It’s probably cause I ate shrooms prior to…🤪
The country boy in me says stay away from anything bright orange or purple !!!!

Just my 2 cents
Very good advice. Although chicken or hen of the woods is kinda bright orange

You got land ?
Woods?
Just curious
You sound city as hell .
About 7 acres of woods in a very rural area in Southern VT. We bought the property from my wife’s Aunt Lucyann about 35 years ago. It’s a beautiful spot.
I used to commute 150 miles a day for my work until about 5 years ago, where I worked in MA, CT, NH, and sometimes NY. So I got plenty of ”hood time“ in that occupation. All my guys used to make fun of where I lived (Do you get the cow channel up there? Do you even have TV? Got any good looking cousins? etc.)
But hey man, I’ll take bears over crackheads any day of the week. When I need a city fix Manhattan is only about a three hour drive. And they boast a much better class of crackheads than Hartford, I can tell you that! 😂

Yo, I came across this article today, might be a good read for ya🙂🤓
https://www.outdoorlife.com/survival/types-of-edible-mushrooms/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back