Worst RC Ever!!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threads like this are quiet interesting. I have also had good luck with my Bandit and Slash..

Only thing I broke on the Bandit is the wing but it's only cracked.
Odd. Mine broke every time I drove it. The driveshafts snapped when the slipper was too lose you even wheelie🤯. Maybe I just sucked at driving? I blew tires, snapped arms without jumping it, snapped the chassis going 10 mph on a small skatepark jump, the tranny case blew, the shocks let out more oil than a cup without a lid😂

I still loved it though, going 63 down a road and then drifting around the concrete was awesome… for about 30 seconds, then the servo went.

I knew all the weaknesses before I built mine, HD driveshafts, proline tires, rpm arms, rpm shock towers, Losi DB Pro shocks, Mangum 727R transmission, Arrma BLX100 system, Hot Racing spur, Robinson Racing pinion, aluminum hubs, strc hinge pins and an Amazon cheapo servo. Still have less in it than if I would have started with the stock rtr VXL.

One thing that I have learned over the years is that it is better to build most of these cars from the ground up than to buy a rtr as in the long run it costs less. You just have to know where to source parts luckily the kit breakers sell them for a nice price.

The traxxas e revo gen 1. I would go through diffs and bulk heads like no other. I worked more on that car than I ran it. 6s was too much for the vehicle.

It blows my mind that people say the 3s line up isn’t durable. My son and I both have one along side our 6s trucks. The 3s typhons have taken an absolute beating. Only broken parts have been from accidents
I think the problems start when you start upgrading electronics. My typhon 3s was not bad out of the box for sure. The more I did to it the worse it became. The exact opposite of the 6s line.

I think the problems start when you start upgrading electronics. My typhon 3s was not bad out of the box for sure. The more I did to it the worse it became. The exact opposite of the 6s line.
This goes for any plastic RC. Best to leave it stock.
6s line can take a beating...

It blows my mind that people say the 3s line up isn’t durable. My son and I both have one along side our 6s trucks. The 3s typhons have taken an absolute beating. Only broken parts have been from accidents
For me it wasn't that it was fragile, I just found certain design flaws to be rather annoying to try to fix and eventually gave up trying to fix them.

Only thing I broke on the Bandit is the wing but it's only cracked.

I knew all the weaknesses before I built mine, HD driveshafts, proline tires, rpm arms, rpm shock towers, Losi DB Pro shocks, Mangum 727R transmission, Arrma BLX100 system, Hot Racing spur, Robinson Racing pinion, aluminum hubs, strc hinge pins and an Amazon cheapo servo. Still have less in it than if I would have started with the stock rtr VXL.

One thing that I have learned over the years is that it is better to build most of these cars from the ground up than to buy a rtr as in the long run it costs less. You just have to know where to source parts luckily the kit breakers sell them for a nice price.
Adding to this, despite the inherent weaknesses in the platform the Traxxas 1/10 2wd platform is still the best current 1/10 2wd platform imho and they fit well in the one area I like to bash, the 6s Arrmas are just too big and you can't let them spread their wings in this area. If you know of a more durable, versatile, readily available 1/10 2wd platform please let me know.
The other options that I know of are Ecx and the HPI Jumpshot series. Ecx has it's own issues, hell most of the "upgrades" people do to the platform are parts from the Slash/Stampede/Rustler. The HPI Jumpshot looks nice but you do not see much of anything about them, the platform looks to have a lot of potential but finding the cars and the parts can be hit or miss depending on where you live.

Adding to this, despite the inherent weaknesses in the platform the Traxxas 1/10 2wd platform is still the best current 1/10 2wd platform imho and they fit well in the one area I like to bash, the 6s Arrmas are just too big and you can't let them spread their wings in this area. If you know of a more durable, versatile, readily available 1/10 2wd platform please let me know.
The other options that I know of are Ecx and the HPI Jumpshot series. Ecx has it's own issues, hell most of the "upgrades" people do to the platform are parts from the Slash/Stampede/Rustler. The HPI Jumpshot looks nice but you do not see much of anything about them, the platform looks to have a lot of potential but finding the cars and the parts can be hit or miss depending on where you live.
Always wanted to get a jumpshot. Still think the tvp chassis has good potential when done right. Don't bother with the non-flux version. Aside from power plant, its lacking in a few drivetrain pieces that would be more expensive to upgrade to the non-flux than buy a flux outright. Also never really cared for the stupid bottom loading battery tray.

Thinking this through a little bit more 🤔

The worst was the first hobby grade, put me in a predicament!

Always wanted to get a jumpshot. Still think the tvp chassis has good potential when done right. Don't bother with the non-flux version. Aside from power plant, its lacking in a few drivetrain pieces that would be more expensive to upgrade to the non-flux than buy a flux outright. Also never really cared for the stupid bottom loading battery tray.
I have a HPI Savage XS with the TVP chassis. It was my go to car for fun as it was tough and reliable. About the only thing I broke on it was front diffs from having the braking set pretty high. It was shelved when diff parts started to become scarce, but it looks like the platform is getting a push from HPI.

I have a HPI Savage XS with the TVP chassis. It was my go to car for fun as it was tough and reliable. About the only thing I broke on it was front diffs from having the braking set pretty high. It was shelved when diff parts started to become scarce, but it looks like the platform is getting a push from HPI.
I almost bought an XS for my first car. Instead I bought a HPI bullet. I would say that was my worst car, but that's only when I didnt know what I was doing and was blowing through diffs and dog bones left and right. Instead, I took time to figure out what was going wrong. I installed a set of the Bullet CVDs and put these steel diff gears in:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184398114212
And already it was almost like a new machine. I'm almost positive these gears could take 6s power if the diff housing could still keep holding mesh properly. Currently running 4s on the bullet as a street runner and will eventually go to 6s.

I've learned this also. Why buy a chassis brace for my 3s rigs when I can buy a whole new chassis for 8 bucks which is cheaper than the brace! Plus ill enjoy the wrenching.
Old people with nothing better to do 😝😝:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.

I've learned this also. Why buy a chassis brace for my 3s rigs when I can buy a whole new chassis for 8 bucks which is cheaper than the brace! Plus ill enjoy the wrenching.
I had put a MM2 and Castle 1515 into a slash 4x4, then aluminum towers and MIP HD axles.
It just snow balled. The rig didn't like any extra weight. It was better when it was all original honestly....

The summit? Mine held up pretty dang good considering what I put it through. What broke for you?
View attachment 279973
I had an old one with a brushless motor in it that had endless diff problems. I bought it as it was and got sick of it really quickly other than drivetrain problems it was really fun. I cant say about the new ones though but they come brushed which is a big let down for the price imho.

You tell me my ride don't rock! Still have never serviced the diff's, no lie you have to be a little careful not to crash :LOL:

20230218_155739.jpg

You may have just given me an idea! I have a fun noodle in my shed!
Seriously a life saver both with solid objects and humans, dogs! Last crash was 20mph into a curb as you can see my zip tie broke and it ruined my pool noodle! :dead:.. I umm also maybe broke my awesome Lexan bumper/chassis support....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back