WTF! HIGHLY UNSATISFIED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Endpoints.
There are countless good servos that can be purchased for less and I know JX works well for me. Also looking forward to trying the red 25kg DSServo that I've heard so much about. So many servo threads here and never a perfect, definitive answer. Don't worry too much about the end all be all. Just pick up one of the ones mentioned and give it a shot. You'll be fine with any of the suggestions here.
That Traxxas servo will at least get you by until you find what you need even if it's just a band aid for now.
I'm running this in my Talion and while it's not a beast for speed or torque, it takes it and no issues. All for $15-17

https://www.amazon.com/PDI-6221MG-D...6221MG&qid=1575255936&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JX-PDI-622...611278&hash=item33eb09a61a:g:e6MAAOSwu9Jb3FRS

Last edited:
Ok so now that I have info to go on and basically just just need to decide how much I can afford and to avoid mistakes I may or may not have made installing the other ones. So my question is this, adjustment of toe, camber, cast, rate. As it sits now, it definitely looks off. What would be a proper checklist to go through before sending everything out a 2 story window cuz I'm josen for some bashing and getting impatient. As you can see from pic, steering horn is straight. Passenger hub/spindle looks straight while drivers side is off. Any questions or concerns that im over looking?

Attachments

• 15753106629401084463478868073819.jpg
    15753106629401084463478868073819.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 33
Savox always seemed obnoxiously loud to me under load...
The cheap servos are very good most of the time. In my experience that’s how things go. also in my experience, savox servos are built very... well... kinda... it’s weird.

Not sure why, but they are very loud, and they are very inefficient (draw a ton of current) but they are very, very reliable in nature, and their metal geared- lineup is proven to hell and back.

Ok so now that I have info to go on and basically just just need to decide how much I can afford and to avoid mistakes I may or may not have made installing the other ones. So my question is this, adjustment of toe, camber, cast, rate. As it sits now, it definitely looks off. What would be a proper checklist to go through before sending everything out a 2 story window cuz I'm josen for some bashing and getting impatient. As you can see from pic, steering horn is straight. Passenger hub/spindle looks straight while drivers side is off. Any questions or concerns that im over looking?
My typhon steering wasn’t straight either so I Left camber n toe alone never touched it, then after installing the hot racing front knuckles not saying it helped but I thought maybe it’s those LIL black spacers clips that are between a arms and pivot balls took em out tightin her up and damn it mf Is straight as a arrow no drifting to right or left

Attachments

• 93A876D3-26D5-4E9D-A29D-7DF18D11A73D.jpeg
    93A876D3-26D5-4E9D-A29D-7DF18D11A73D.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 26
Check out the URUAV deluxe line of servos. Top spec waterproof, HV, digital, Brushless, metal geared servos that wont break the bank. They are said to be rebranded PowerHD Storm servos which are an expensive premium brand..
The specs are all pretty much identical to the Storms which also supports that notion.

PowerHD Storm 4 specs

Torque(6.0V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(7.4V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.1 oz/in)
Speed: 0.10 sec (6.0V) │ 0.085 sec (7.4V)
Operating Voltage:6.0 ~ 8.4 DC Volts
Weight: 70.0 g (2.47 oz)
Bearing Type:Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type:Brushless Motor
Gear Type:Titanium & Alu
Operating Temperature:-20℃~60℃
Working frequence:1520μs / 333hz
Size:40.0 x 20.0 x 38.8 mm ( 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in)

URUAV Deluxe Line BLS2508 specs

Torque: 21kg-cm@6v [email protected]
Speed: 0.1s@6v [email protected]/60˚
Operating Voltage: 6-8.4v
Bearing Type: Dual Bearing
Motor Type: Brushless Motor
Gear Type: Titanium & Aluminium Alloy
Operating Temperature: -20˚C to 60˚C
Working Frequency: 1520µs/333hz
Product Dimension:40x20*38.2mm
Product Weight: 70g

I haven't been able to measure the speed but I have measured the dimensions and weight which are spot on... give or take a few tenths of mm/grams....and the gearing appears to be the exact same.

I've got the 25kg/.08 sec one (BLS2508) in my Typhon and loving it.

The BLS3211 (32kg/.11 sec) (or maybe even the BLS3714 (37kg/.14 sec) one if strength is more important to you...) would probs suit your tallion the best.

Only go for HV if you can supply it with at least 7.4v and with a decent amount of amperage though... otherwise you wont be getting the full potential from them.

See. https://m.banggood.com/search/URUAV DELUXE.html

the problem with banggood and why i don't buy through them anymore is because it takes like 3 weeks to get product and one time i got a defective servo and had to eat it cause what am i gonna do send it back?

The cheap servos are very good most of the time. In my experience that’s how things go. also in my experience, savox servos are built very... well... kinda... it’s weird.

Not sure why, but they are very loud, and they are very inefficient (draw a ton of current) but they are very, very reliable in nature, and their metal geared- lineup is proven to hell and back.

all the savox 1210 servos ive ever put in make their stupid buzzing sound all the time... my jx servos never make that sound... But I know when i buy a savox im getting the same savox as the other ones... jx not so much so.

all the savox 1210 servos ive ever put in make their stupid buzzing sound all the time... my jx servos never make that sound... But I know when i buy a savox im getting the same savox as the other ones... jx not so much so.
Exactly!

Worth the gamble imo. Such low cost we can buy two or three for the price of one branded.
I'd prolly not send back small stuff that doesn't work from the slow boat but the option is there to do so. Might be worth a try even if it is a pia.

took em out tightin her up and damn it mf Is straight as a arrow no drifting to right or lef
This is good news! Glad it's working out.

Worth the gamble imo. Such low cost we can buy two or three for the price of one branded.
I'd prolly not send back small stuff that doesn't work from the slow boat but the option is there to do so. Might be worth a try even if it is a pia.

thats why i even suggest them.... in jx's defense, one of my bad ones was a 360 degree i ordered by accident.. one was just bad and got hot as $hit and didnt work... The others have been fine.

Buzzing sound ? interesting I’ll have to? if mine does don’t think it does if it does my fans over power the sound
In my rustler it did but had no glitch buster either

Just checked No buzzing sound whatsoever from servo I unplug fans and nothing... have you used a glitch buster before reason I got one Is my homie at the shop said I should get since I’m upgrading servo

Yes I do

im surprised it doesn't buzz. i have 3-4 and have put in another 2-3 and they have all buzzed... you got a good one.

im surprised it doesn't buzz. i have 3-4 and have put in another 2-3 and they have all buzzed... you got a good one.
Try glitch buster Before you end up with a box full of servos and trying to dale whole box for $50
I finally decided that after close to year of use I'd upgrade my servo in my arrma talion. I stopped by local hobby to buy a new one. They recommend Hitec D645MW. I buy it. Get home and it continuously rotates out of the box. No worries. Drive back to the hobby store. They replace it. Back home. Installed. No more than 15 mins, it's stripped. I've never had this happen to me before. I've had multiple rc's from different manufacturers and im just disappointed with this servo. I've emailed Hitec to see what they have to say but mean while I'm S.o.l. Any thoughts on a servo that won't break the bank?

Oh and I have stock traxxas slash servo, 25t lying around. Will it work... for now at least?
I had the same hitek servo also mine stripped few runs in
Ask John about savox1210sg with glitch buster thats what he recommended me after my hitek issue. Never had issue at all

Last edited:

Oh you’re completely right. I run a fansomething servo... it was like $20 and has more torque than one of my savox 0231 MG’s... it looks exactly like a jx servo

I've never ran Savox, but have heard good things about them. ?
I have (2) 1210's and (2) 1230's. I also have generic AMZ brands of similar specs. All I can say is that I won't buy another 1210 from Savox. I would gladly buy all my other brands and models again including the 1230. Servos appear to be a very subjective topic.
My Savox servo is loud but it hasn’t yet broke. So I can’t really complain.
Both my 1210's buzz and scream and struggle at "center" whether in my Crawler or in my Kraton. In my experience, no servo should be noisy like that out of the box when new. From experience, that is sign of a failing or defective servo with a faulty potentiometer. Savox Cust. Service felt the contrary when returned from warranty. I disagree with them especially at the price point. Servos 1/3 the price and all my older Futaba servos don't "cry" at center when new, unless they were faulty or worn out. I see that many accept noise because it works fine. That's ok too.

Last edited:
the problem with banggood and why i don't buy through them anymore is because it takes like 3 weeks to get product and one time i got a defective servo and had to eat it cause what am i gonna do send it back?
Bang good is rock bottom priceing. Yes. But I pay a few dollars more and shop Amz. For the same stuff. Servo internal components are made by a few suppliers to most other brands. The package may look different and fancy, but many are just rebranded. Amz has better recourse when you get a bad one out the gate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back