S2200 smart charger 48 days old S**** the bed! WTF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeppyjep

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
Any one have an issue with S2200 not powering on ? 48 days old I turn it on to use it screen lit up then went blank now it’s completely dead will not power up . I think I’m done with spektrum smart series . I’m taking it back to the hobby shop today they should swap it but honestly I think I’m going ask for my money back but then how would I charge my smart batteries??? Annoying AF !!!

you can charge smart batteries with any charger, you just won't get the same info. isdt makes a good charger (608ac is what I've used for a long time now) and they also have a smart charger thing (BattGo? maybe?)

you can charge smart batteries with any charger, you just won't get the same info. isdt makes a good charger (608ac is what I've used for a long time now) and they also have a smart charger thing (BattGo? maybe?)
Really how can I tell when the cells are full ? There’s no balance lead

I had a S1100 Smart Charger that died in much the same way... Fortunately, the only Spektrum smart lipo I own was a 1st-gen one (i.e. with a balance lead), so I could just get a different brand of charger as a replacement.

I don’t trust the smart chargers or batteries. Give me dumb batteries and chargers. They seem to have a lot of problems. My hobby shop has stopped selling them just because of the problems your having. Me I just have a hitec charger and Zee and power hobby batteries. No problems.

I don’t trust the smart chargers or batteries. Give me dumb batteries and chargers. They seem to have a lot of problems. My hobby shop has stopped selling them just because of the problems your having. Me I just have a hitec charger and Zee and power hobby batteries. No problems.
same here. i constantly monitor the voltage anyway with balance lead checkers so i don't really need to have telemetry or lipo voltage on my tx, atleast not on rc cars.
Really how can I tell when the cells are full ? There’s no balance lead
what do you mean? you have two sets of plugs on a lipo, your charging leads (xt30, 60, 90, ic/ec5, traxxas bs) and you have your balance leads. ALWAYS plug in your balance leads first so your cells can equalize and then your charge leads. your balance leads will show your individual cell voltage.

unless spektrum smart batteries don't have balance leads, then that's really really stupid.

edit: word

ISDT actually makes the tech for the Spektrum Smart batteries and chargers, Smart at it's base is essentially rebranded Battgo.

But having said that I would still go with one of the nice ISDT models or a HOTA D6 over the overpriced Spektrum pos.

same here. i constantly monitor the voltage anyway with balance lead checkers so i don't really need to have telemetry or lipo voltage on my tx, atleast not on rc cars.

what do you mean? you have two sets of plugs on a lipo, your charging leads (xt30, 60, 90, ic/ec5, traxxas bs) and you have your balance leads. ALWAYS plug in your balance leads first so your cells can equalize and then your charge leads. your balance leads will show your individual cell voltage.

unless spektrum smart batteries don't have balance leads, then that's really really stupid.

edit: word
Yeah smart batteries have 1 wire balance leads built into the IC5 connector

ISDT actually makes the tech for the Spektrum Smart batteries and chargers, Smart at it's base is essentially rebranded Battgo.

But having said that I would still go with one of the nice ISDT models or a HOTA D6 over the overpriced Spektrum pos.
i only recommend the 608ac as it has the dc power supply built in and it seems c with him coming from spektrum, hes not going to have a 24v dc supply on hand.
Yeah smart batteries have 1 wire balance leads built into the IC5 connector
yeah i just looked at them, i don't like that at all. i never even considered spektrum batteries because of the price and reliability. i change my tx and rx before my first bash with new rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back