Kraton WTF?!?!, Shock Rod Already Broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaK8

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im not so proud to be posting in this forum once again. What happend the last time was I did a little jump and the Shock Rod End split and I couldnt find it. Now I just changed the shock rod end and made a very little jump (50cm) and it broke once again, im starting to wonder what the problem is? Am I the problem, or does Arrma make poopy rod ends so I could buy more of those shits.

Welp, I think I've broken one shock rod end between 2 rigs in 2 years. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but yea 😔

Welp, I think I've broken one shock rod end between 2 rigs in 2 years. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but yea 😔
Idk, but these small jumps broke my shock rods.
I even watched a tutorial how to put it because i was afraid i would destroy it again. But it was the same as i did before.

I broke two of the RTR shock ends in the same session. Switched to the M2C 7mm shock shafts so it’s no longer a concern. Haven’t broke one on my Kraton EXB but I’ve never beaten that rig the way I do my Outcast.

How is your droop set this is number cause for this. You should have to compress the shock just a little to get it back in the arm if the arm is at full droop and there is no preload on the shock you will have a pulling force hit the end of the rod end every time you come off the ground.

Makes me wonder if you has some suspension is binding some were and putting more load then needed through the shock end. Or not moving the range it should maybe bent pin cause a twist force when landing.

These are the kind of things I would look for if having this problem. There are a few metal ends out there like hot racing but I don't use them as rod ends are cheap fast and easy to replace would rather them go then the shock shaft get bent. Keeping a built in fail point to save your self money in the long run kind of thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR330409-Shock-Rod-Part/dp/B01M1H3EEO HD ends
https://www.fiercercsolutions.com/lunsford-lns7331-shock-mount-bushings-tekno-eb410-et410.html Bushing that fit HD ends and 6s arms

When I widened a Mojave I had that issue, ended up drilling the upper shock mount down to limit full compression shock travel. What tires are you running, taller than copperheads?

Pretty positive he is having issues on his 8s rig.
My bad, didn’t read thread. Suspension geometry is the same for any wishbone setup.

Last edited:
Hi,
Im not so proud to be posting in this forum once again. What happend the last time was I did a little jump and the Shock Rod End split and I couldnt find it. Now I just changed the shock rod end and made a very little jump (50cm) and it broke once again, im starting to wonder what the problem is? Am I the problem, or does Arrma make poopy rod ends so I could buy more of those shits.
Need some Droop Screws installed and set properly. Will help prevent much, but not all of this from happening.
Driver error is the rest of the equation. There is little room for driver error with an expert level 30+ pound beast.

Need some Droop Screws installed and set properly. Will help prevent much, but not all of this from happening.
Driver error is the rest of the equation. There is little room for driver error with an expert level 30+ pound beast.
Thank you!

I broke it again, IN THE SAME SIDE!! And yeah its a driver error this time. But should I buy new droop screws?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back