Limitless XLX2 cutting out easily

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Tried to do some 8s hits today. Bogging was obvious because I'm running 35/36 in the center. With perfect pass, launch was okay but car got squirelly as it powered up. Took out the PP and now it's acting super strange. Even with really light pull, it cuts out completely. Managed to get a couple of times where it accelerated, but most of the time it just stopped. A full pull net no result at all. The motor is a 4070 2250kv and the timing is set at the default on the XLX2. The gearing is obviously an issue, but to have zero acceleration on 8s seems like there's a setting I missed. Is my gearing just to out there for this motor, or would a timing adjustment help. If you need to insult me because of that insane gear choice, please do. I knew it was a bad idea when I did it, but you know I'd do it anyways. If there's any recommendations on a pinion spur option that might be better, fire away, but no that the V2 motor mount doesn't allow for typical V1 mount gearing options ie: 27/34.

Edit: the motor is a regular TP

Reset / reflash the firmware?

For what it’s worth - I redid my V2 spool with a higher tooth Saga pinion. The Pinocchio spool shaft does have a flat spot for the pinion grub. I got a bunch of 8mm shims from McMaster-Carr but I can’t remember if I used those or a second spool shim pack from Arrma.

Tbh this is kinda similar to what happen to the xlx2 in my k8s a few days ago. It started cutting off every 10 seconds or so and then it blew up.

Got a picture of the data log?
Not yet, but I'm going to drop down the pinion to the smallest that will fit. I might have erased today's logs out of anger.

Reset / reflash the firmware?

For what it’s worth - I redid my V2 spool with a higher tooth Saga pinion. The Pinocchio spool shaft does have a flat spot for the pinion grub. I got a bunch of 8mm shims from McMaster-Carr but I can’t remember if I used those or a second spool shim pack from Arrma.
I just installed the XLX2 this week and made sure to check the firmware. This was literally the first time I used it. As for the spool, I also Jerry rigged it to take different spurs. Along with 8mm shims, I found that the center of an old bearing makes a great spacer when your in a pinch.

I just installed the XLX2 this week and made sure to check the firmware. This was literally the first time I used it. As for the spool, I also Jerry rigged it to take different spurs. Along with 8mm shims, I found that the center of an old bearing makes a great spacer when your in a pinch.
Sending you a message buddy

After some advice from @vwturbowolf, I simply geared down to 29/46. Now it goes like stink. Hardest part is getting good starts and traction, but it's cold and windy here now so might be waiting til spring to go again. Also gonna be a motor change, but we'll wait til it shows up before letting that cat out of the bag.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back