Limitless Will voltage drop affect an xlx2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieA

Reaction score
My voltage dropped to 15 using cnhl 6600 120c racing series batteries. I'm running xlx2 2028 1700kv. After my last run amps were 523. The xlx2 boots up perfectly and steering servo still works perfect but the ESC won't power the motor. Can voltage drop ruin an esc?

No. The simple quick answer.

Finally got onyx8000's installed aluminum diff cases with king hobby diff lockers scorched rotolock mount with Pinocchio spool trident titanium shafts. Hope it goes better from here!

IMG_20240107_194515283_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240107_194422725.jpg

IMG_20240107_195021226.jpg

IMG_20240107_194357179.jpg

IMG_20240107_194348577.jpg

IMG_20240107_194336769.jpg

Good looking out. It was touching I fixed it. Has anyone ever had an xlx2 do what my first one did? It seems there's nothing wrong but it won't power the motor. Probably gonna do the trade in option. It's hard to get CC to respond.

Been working on this stretched typhon. Made this chassis for it. Have fc100 body prob do away with rear diffuser

IMG_20240109_171745063.jpg

Good looking out. It was touching I fixed it. Has anyone ever had an xlx2 do what my first one did? It seems there's nothing wrong but it won't power the motor. Probably gonna do the trade in option. It's hard to get CC to respond.
Exessive amps could damage the power rail. And voltage drop will raise the ampdraw, but you'd have to far beyond 600A on your average XLX2.

If the bec is still working, it will power up and power the receiver/servo. The question is, what does it beep like. Big chance a recallibrating will just do the trick.

It wouldn't ring after the run. I have to put new connection back on as I robbed them for my new xlx2 but I can't remember if I had already tried to recalibrate to receiver. Is it safe to run with b link still hooked up?

b link should not be a problem, but i wouldnt know. As far as i know its apple only and have android so i never bought one.

If it really just stopped after a run without any crash or anything it becomes less likely a recalibration will help tbh, but it's always worth trying

It works on my Android but the ESC doesn't ring how many cells it's running when it's hooked up. It tests the fan and does the arming chime only

It works on my Android but the ESC doesn't ring how many cells it's running when it's hooked up. It tests the fan and does the arming chime only
I have had several that don't do the cell count beeps. No idea why but they work fine. The fan runs on a temp sensor and won't come back on after boot up till it gets hot.

I figured it was ok. The b link works good but to really analyze my runs I have to email the log to myself and it's detailed enough. I kinda struggle with setting my steering mostly. I have tried the level and it works pretty good but I still have to put off trying to get some decent runs because I'm always working on my trim and trying to get it straight
Any pointers on how to dial my steering?

Last edited:
My Mamba X series driver's guide says "using too low of a C rating or capacity will damage your ESC and will not be covered under warranty." "Recommended capacity is 5000 mAh+... and 50C continuous or higher for 1/5 scale vehicles."

I figured it was ok. The b link works good but to really analyze my runs I have to email the log to myself and it's detailed enough. I kinda struggle with setting my steering mostly. I have tried the level and it works pretty good but I still have to put off trying to get some decent runs because I'm always working on my trim and trying to get it straight
Any pointers on how to dial my steering?
Lower the expo and end-points on your radio. Steering must be sensitive but low on intensity.
And be aware your throttle will cause some torquesteer, which you must counter manually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back