Kraton Xt60 Connectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topler

Reaction score
Hello I just got my kraton v5 and I can't find ic5 connectors anywhere and my local hobby shop doesn't have any xt90s but I have a bunch of xt60s can I run this off of xt60 connectors till I can get some ic5 or xt 90 connectors. And the wire in the center of the stock ic5 connectors on the truck what is that for?

Do you have smart charger? If not EC5 is the same just without the extra conductor.
No I don't have a smart charger or xt90 connectors all I have is xt60 so my question is can an xt 60 handle the draw of the esc. Xt60 are rated for 60amp continuous is that enough for the esc on the kraton? Sorry I'm just getting back into the hobby from being out for like 20 years so I basically know nothing.

No I don't have a smart charger or xt90 connectors all I have is xt60 so my question is can an xt 60 handle the draw of the esc. Xt60 are rated for 60amp continuous is that enough for the esc on the kraton? Sorry I'm just getting back into the hobby from being out for like 20 years so I basically know nothing.
That's what it's rated for so it should suffice.

I would like to say no Xt60s are rather small connector. Back in the V1 days Arrma used T style connectors and people would melt them.

The wire in the middle is for the Spektrum Smart features.

Check Ebay or Amazon for XT90S, don't go with the 60s.

I would suggest using EC5 connectors, they're super easy to solder and you won't have to cut your factory ESC leads. I swapped everything over to XT90s last year and now I kinda wish I had used EC5s.

I wouldn't even do the xt90's get xt150's. the esc is rated at 150 amps so 90's are even a bit small. Someone else on here had a castle (I think) esc burn out on them and they said to the guy not to use 90's anymore and bump up to 150's
That was @Notorious J.

If you're sticking only to aarma the new smart tech is the way to go. If you plan on owning Another Top brand I can tell you the batteries connector and charger you can use for both. I like all Rcs is why I say this. Not everyone is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back