No Smoking now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I think I forgot to mention this, but I haven’t had a cigarette since the morning of my knee replacement surgery on April 10th. After smoking for 40 years I gotta say, it’s very freaking strange. I realize now how many triggers I had before and didn’t even realize it. Coffee and after a meal of course. But when I take the dog out, log off a device, before a drive, after a drive (never smoked in cars or inside) etc.
No nicotine or nicotine replacement of any kind (gum, patch, etc), I just cold-turkey’d it while still under the soothing caresses of opioids. I ran out of pain killers about a week and a half ago. So, this Wednesday it will be a month. Trippy, man.
Oddly, I haven’t even gone on a five state killing spree yet. Strange.

I think I forgot to mention this, but I haven’t had a cigarette since the morning of my knee replacement surgery on April 10th. After smoking for 40 years I gotta say, it’s very freaking strange. I realize now how many triggers I had before and didn’t even realize it. Coffee and after a meal of course. But when I take the dog out, log off a device, before a drive, after a drive (never smoked in cars or inside) etc.
No nicotine or nicotine replacement of any kind (gum, patch, etc), I just cold-turkey’d it while still under the soothing caresses of opioids. I ran out of pain killers about a week and a half ago. So, this Wednesday it will be a month. Trippy, man.
Awesome job with quitting smoking..I myself also need to .haven't smoked as long as you but fact is I need to try ..I only smoke 4 a day but when it's sunny out and I'm doing yard work crack a cold one I tend to have a few more 🤷 but I need to get down to 3 a day and work my way down to 0 .it's hard and it sucks but have to try.i applause you for the strength.will POWA😁👍 wish you good luck

Good Job Dan... I gave up 24 years ago... i look back and think how much money I've saved over the years.. (cigarettes are now £15 per pack in the UK)
the first couple of months are the worst, especially on nights out when you would usually smoke a lot..

keep it up.. (y)

Good for you brother!! Stay strong.. ain't easy that's for sure. I smoked for 30 plus years, then in 2018 I switched to vaping to get off the cigs. Well, I'd say I'm as addicted as ever to the nic. Especially since I can get away with vaping in places I would have never smoked in. Not sure I did myself any favors there. I do breathe better though, so that's a plus. Stink alot less too, LOL.

That is great man!
You will have to watch for other situations like hanging around others who are smoking.

I hope you can stay "clean".

Good for you.
👏

Never smoked. Both parents smoking was enough of a deterrent for me. Didn't like the smell and the ashtrays (I've made a few) are a bit nasty.

Realistically the chances of getting cancer or other disease is actually pretty low, like single digits. But the smoke does take up space that oxygen can occupy and you will save a lot of money. Probably more money than you spend on RCs.

Again great job, stick with it. It's a tough one.

NICE!

I did it cold turkey too, about 18 years ago. Then......I started to use them NIC pouches a few years back. It's kinda like suckin a boob through a bra.

Back