Fireteam 😳 Fireteam conspiracy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! I question every review that starts the unboxing with a super negative outlook on the product. You can tell they are just going to pick apart every single little thing, if not make up things entirely. Same goes for someone who says this is the best car ever before unboxing. Just start out neutral and see where it goes. Be reserved with criticism to be fair to the manufacturers. Your experience may be anecdotal. A good example would be hitting a culvert at full speed and blaming a broken bumper on poor molding. The opposite would be the K8S V1 chassis, the KEXB 1/8 rear diffs, or the Infraction V2 handbrake nuking center diffs. Those are widespread and need reported.
You saw that video to 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not watching another one as I already know what the outcome will be. How come 3 or 4 people that got it think its great but people who paid for it think otherwise. Personally I think they are in the wrong hobby

You saw that video to 🤣🤣🤣 I'm not watching another one as I already know what the outcome will be. How come 3 or 4 people that got it think its great but people who paid for it think otherwise. Personally I think they are in the wrong hobby
haters gonna hate GIF
!

It's not that simple man, these people love rc but have hardly anything nice to say about it. I mean I break stuff and I'm like Dam my fault not arrma they weren't driving it 😂😂😂
I agree with you for the most part, but somethings are just bs. Prime example, I just got a k8s and on my very first run I tried to go up a curb, lightest tap of the bumper I've ever done on an rc rig in my life and the bumper spring cracked clean in half. I didn't even notice it until the next day and it took me a long time combing the memory banks to even remember what could have possibly caused it as I didn't do anything but drive it on the street, never crashed or anything.

We're talking like a 4-mph bumper tap just trying to gently roll up the curb. I literally couldn't believe it lol. Not the biggest deal in the world but man i'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed.

Gotta love Earl for being completely honest, no sugarcoating. Watched quite a few vids on the Fireteam, because I’m a bit wackadoodle about sand buggies. But haven’t seen or heard some of the things Earl showed. My mouth was wide open a couple of times. Too many flimsy parts, looks like Arrma rushed this and cut quite a few corners.
Since I don’t want to see Arrma abandoning this buggy style I hope they set things straight with a V2 soon.
Can't even get a V1 yet and your looking for V2 already???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I doubt HH will do that for quite a while. They have issues with QC on older rigs to deal with if they even care to. It is up to us to work out the bugs. Business as usual.:p
I agree with you for the most part, but somethings are just bs. Prime example, I just got a k8s and on my very first run I tried to go up a curb, lightest tap of the bumper I've ever done on an rc rig in my life and the bumper spring cracked clean in half. I didn't even notice it until the next day and it took me a long time combing the memory banks to even remember what could have possibly caused it as I didn't do anything but drive it on the street, never crashed or anything.

We're talking like a 4-mph bumper tap just trying to gently roll up the curb. I literally couldn't believe it lol. Not the biggest deal in the world but man i'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed.
Was it very cold out? Plastic doesn't like cold. It will shatter if you sneeze at it.:ROFLMAO:

Can't even get a V1 yet and your looking for V2 already???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I doubt HH will do that for quite a while. They have issues with QC on older rigs to deal with if they even care to. It is up to us to work out the bugs. Business as usual.:p

Was it very cold out? Plastic doesn't like cold. It will shatter if you sneeze at it.:ROFLMAO:
Yea it was like 35f tbh QQ. I figured that's what it was but it still irked me haha. At least I have excuse to order one from 3drc now.

I do not dare to think how much it will cost in Europe!
Edit : HorizonHobby.de sells it at €769.99 :/

Last edited:
I really enjoy Earl's vids. I was looking at getting this Fireteam buggy and watched a few run videos and was quite impressed with what I saw, until I watched Earl's first bash run...oh man...he lost 2 motor mount bolts and the 3rd was half way out, and that wasn't even a full pack run. I was shocked to see that there was no Loctite at all on them. He said it seems like their QC has gone downhill, I think he may be right. It also spat the front right bearing out. 😲

They cost $1200 here in Oz and I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay that much for something that needs so much modification work done.

I'm now having 2nd thoughts on the Fireteam and looking at buying the Mojave EXB. When I bought my Kraton V4, I broke so many parts and 2½yrs later and about $2k down the whole truck is M2C, Integy, RPM, HR & Max6 combo modified. I don't want another truck that I have to spend that amount on again. For me, I think the EXB Mojave will be my choice and drop another Max6 combo into it. 😃

I do not dare to think how much it will cost in Europe!
Edit : HorizonHobby.de sells it at €769.99 :/
Hard to compare Euros to USD. There is an exchange rate that generally dictates global pricing.:unsure:

For me, I think the EXB Mojave will be my choice and drop another Max6 combo into it. 😃
That sound like a plan👍. Although some didn’t have to, quite a few Mojave owners (including me) changed to M2C wheel hexes (M2C ARRMA TYPHON/MOJAVE 17MM HEX EXTENDED 2MM - 3160). Arrma upgraded the wheels so it may no longer be a potential issue.

I really enjoy Earl's vids. I was looking at getting this Fireteam buggy and watched a few run videos and was quite impressed with what I saw, until I watched Earl's first bash run...oh man...he lost 2 motor mount bolts and the 3rd was half way out, and that wasn't even a full pack run. I was shocked to see that there was no Loctite at all on them. He said it seems like their QC has gone downhill, I think he may be right. It also spat the front right bearing out. 😲

They cost $1200 here in Oz and I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay that much for something that needs so much modification work done.

I'm now having 2nd thoughts on the Fireteam and looking at buying the Mojave EXB. When I bought my Kraton V4, I broke so many parts and 2½yrs later and about $2k down the whole truck is M2C, Integy, RPM, HR & Max6 combo modified. I don't want another truck that I have to spend that amount on again. For me, I think the EXB Mojave will be my choice and drop another Max6 combo into it. 😃
Very good point. I'm over having shelf queens and pretty show-n-tell rigs. I may post a pic online but best believe my rig's being driven. I bought the Mojave because nearly ALL the reviews I've seen state how purely reliable they are and have very few shortcomings. I want to have fun with my RC's and spend as little money as possible doing it...

Obviously Earl didn't go over his rig before he drove it, at this point we all know it's a necessity to do so. Check fluids and make sure everything is tight and where it should be. These same threads pop up with almost every new model.

Not saying there aren't problems, but some of these are not new issues, just a new rig. It sucks for new owners who don't know they need to do these things, we have all been there, but it is what it is. If we think quality is going to get better, take a look at almost every industry right now and see how many are better than they were a few years ago.

Obviously Earl didn't go over his rig before he drove it, at this point we all know it's a necessity to do so. Check fluids and make sure everything is tight and where it should be.
Imagine if we hade to do this to all new real cars we buy. 🤣🤣

That sound like a plan👍. Although some didn’t have to, quite a few Mojave owners (including me) changed to M2C wheel hexes (M2C ARRMA TYPHON/MOJAVE 17MM HEX EXTENDED 2MM - 3160). Arrma upgraded the wheels so it may no longer be a potential issue.
Supposedly it's fixed, i'm going to leave the stock hubs on the exb i picked up and see what happens. The other 4 run the just bash it +2mm hexes and m2c's.

They likely come from the same factory? You’re hoping the QC will be different on a Mojave? You have to do the same checks on both rigs. Earl claims to have checked each bolt, but how he didn’t notice no TL on those is beyond explanation. If there is TL, you have to crack the screws to tighten them further. If there is no TL, they will likely tighten some more without cracking. He’s being dishonest about checking them and is all in on his story to drive clicks. Everyone else is on the positive vibe, he was late to the party, so his best move was to crap on it and be contrarian to drive views. He’s no different than the guys who did embargo videos, except he paid for his rig and will make less off clicks. Not winning.

Well... maybe those 3 or 4 people got it for free and are "paid advocates".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back