Typhon 1 shock sagging/not rebounding all the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
So what would cause 1 shock to do this? How do I determine if it needs a rebuild or just fresh oil?

It felt like the cap may have been slightly loose, so possibly some air let in???

probably a bent shaft. A shock will always rebound if properly assembled with a spring as long as there isn’t anything stopping it, like a bent shaft. If it has oil it will rebound slower.
Yeah I would say either a bent shock shaft or a bent hinge pin possibly.

But yeah I would open up the shock first as that is easier to get at.

probably a bent shaft. A shock will always rebound if properly assembled with a spring as long as there isn’t anything stopping it, like a bent shaft. If it has oil it will rebound slower.

Thank you. It does rebound, just not as far. I'll dig into it and see what I can find

Thank you. It does rebound, just not as far. I'll dig into it and see what I can find
If you just dump the oil and remove the spring, you can usually tell if it's bent by moving the piston all the way up and down without the cap. You will feel it bind. If you are still unsure, remove the shafts and everything attached to it and roll it on a flat surface.

If you just dump the oil and remove the spring, you can usually tell if it's bent by moving the piston all the way up and down without the cap. You will feel it bind. If you are still unsure, remove the shafts and everything attached to it and roll it on a flat surface.

Great, thank you for the tip!

Most of the time you can tell by just removing the shock from the truck and manually compressing it. Any binding at all you probably have a bent shaft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back