1000cst shock oil brand recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
I'm looking to get some 1000cst shock oil for my K6. Any recommendations on a brand? Racers Edge, Team Associated, Hudy? Others? Has anyone had any experience with one or another being a suggestion that's any better or seem better? How much does all 4 need to fill?

Cool thanks guys. I just checked the LHS website they have Team Associated in stock in 1000cst. 👊

As long as they are silicon fluid it really doesn’t matter. I buy the cheapest I can find in the weight I want. I can’t say that for grease or bearing oils, but silicon fluid is silicon fluid.

As long as they are silicon fluid it really doesn’t matter. I buy the cheapest I can find in the weight I want. I can’t say that for grease or bearing oils, but silicon fluid is silicon fluid.
I have used a few and associated seems to last the longest but not paying them prices

^^^^^^THIS.

I use Ultimate Racing, as it’s close by, always available, and the price is right.

Ultimate Racing for the bearing oil?
I use them primarily for silicones, aluminum hardware, and the occasional 12.9 screws if I’m not using Tony’s Screws for whatever reason. I can’t comment on their bearing oil as I haven’t needed to buy any. I’ve got some old Trinity bearing oil I use, as well as Bones “Speed Cream” that I use most often. I’m about to pick up some Tri-Flow dry lubricant, and a syringe of Avid “Slip” so that I have about every need/situation covered. I REALLY wish I could still find Paragon “Liquid Bearings” graphite…🥹. That stuff was absolutely KILLER.

I use Team Losi Racing mainly because they have it on Amazon and usually its cheap, $5.99 to $7.99 for a 2 ounce bottle, sometimes they have 4 ounce bottles for $9.99 which is dirt cheap. I'd buy it at my LHS but they are regularly out of about half the different weights they have space on the shelf for.

I use them primarily for silicones, aluminum hardware, and the occasional 12.9 screws if I’m not using Tony’s Screws for whatever reason. I can’t comment on their bearing oil as I haven’t needed to buy any. I’ve got some old Trinity bearing oil I use, as well as Bones “Speed Cream” that I use most often. I’m about to pick up some Tri-Flow dry lubricant, and a syringe of Avid “Slip” so that I have about every need/situation covered. I REALLY wish I could still find Paragon “Liquid Bearings” graphite…🥹. That stuff was absolutely KILLER.
Bones Speed Cream is awesome. @Diem Turner turned me on to that last year and that’s mostly what I use now. For ceramic hybrids I use whatever kind of bearing oil is in the needle applicator that Scorched sells, because he said it’s the best for hybrid bearings and he’s smartier than me.

Back