Senton 12mm or 17mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livesalty710

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I'm debating of swapping to 12 or 17mm hex. I'm thinking I wanna run some buggy tires and thinking of some Duratrax Lockup 1/8 C2 Mounted Buggy Tires. I don't wanna have to cut the body just want a decent tire that'll last. Any recommendations?

20230110_150238.jpg

The tires shown are some from Amazon which are great for asphalt. haven't had an issueand wear nice. But I use dboots stock for yard & gravel. They work great until they just blow up out of nowhere.

Last edited:
I’ve destroyed many many sets of tires. What I’ve learned is to seal off the vent on the inside of the rim. This prevents the foam from getting waterlogged and other poop getting in. This helps keep the rubber glued on the rim.
If you’re looking to go 17mm for a better selection of wheels as I did, you may need to raise the body posts a little to allow for a larger 2.8 duratrax wheel.

17mm all the way.
Better/wider options and better wheels/tires with 17mm hexed wheels. 17mm hexes are Designed for heavier 1/8 rigs. More stout.

I went with 12 mm on my Senton paired up with proline trenchers. Not much larger than stock dboots. No regrets.

IMG_20230308_142802834_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230308_145423733_HDR.jpg

I’ve destroyed many many sets of tires. What I’ve learned is to seal off the vent on the inside of the rim. This prevents the foam from getting waterlogged and other poop getting in. This helps keep the rubber glued on the rim.
If you’re looking to go 17mm for a better selection of wheels as I did, you may need to raise the body posts a little to allow for a larger 2.8 duratrax wheel.
I do think I want 17mm so I guess I would need to change out the axel post studs and get typhon 17mm hex hub nut from jennys rc? I don't know where to purchase the axel studs though...
I was thinking of trying these out Duratrax Lockup 1/8 C2 Mounted Buggy Tires Outer diameter: 4.25 inches (108mm) | width: 1.8 inches (45mm) do think inwouldnhave to cut fender?

I’ll sell these Duratrax Six Pack SC tires if anyone makes a reasonable offer, ran them on the infraction a few times so they withstand good tire speeds.

PM me for separate pics, they’ve been sitting on the shelf since. 17mm hex & ~105x42mm

997A9344-1FCD-407F-AF81-C8A20426B9B2.jpeg

I’ll sell these Duratrax Six Pack SC tires if anyone makes a reasonable offer, ran them on the infraction a few times so they withstand good tire speeds.

PM me for separate pics, they’ve been sitting on the shelf since. 17mm hex & ~105x42mm

View attachment 288030
How did that thing perform off road??

With 17mm you can run typhon wheels which have alomost no balooning. Less blowouts and they last longer than the stocks. You can also run the racing wheels if you ever wanna run on a track. 17mm>12mm

How did that thing perform off road??
Excellent, obviously not a lot of suspension and the lip is great for catching bumps and debris! Neat drifter on smooth loose surfaces, was nice to transfer between asphalt and grass without getting hung up. I put together my first real off-roader Mojave shortly after and have been building them since 😂

Did your wheels come, everything? 👌

One negative about 17mm is that if you are running into driveshaft durability issues, the arrma HD CVD's - arguably an improvement - are only available in 12mm... and putting widening hex adapters on a 12mm to get 17mm is really moving the wrong direction if you're already breaking axles. The strongest option I'm aware of right now is the 12mm arrma HD cvd outboard side with the 4S arrma CVD inboard side as described in a thread on here somewhere.

Excellent, obviously not a lot of suspension and the lip is great for catching bumps and debris! Neat drifter on smooth loose surfaces, was nice to transfer between asphalt and grass without getting hung up. I put together my first real off-roader Mojave shortly after and have been building them since 😂

Did your wheels come, everything? 👌
Wheels look great thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back