Kraton 12s Kraton owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
What are you guys running for gearing? I tested mine for first time the other day and was really underwhelmed lol. My 12s kraton seemed weaker than my 8s kraton. I was geared 28/39 with 800kv. My 8s kraton is 31/39 1100kv. I think I was a bit too cautious :ROFLMAO: I'm thinking I might try 36/39 next, I bet that will wake it all the way up.

35/39 right now 800kv in the Kraton
Go 1:1!
Let us know how the wear on the drivetrain and outdrives hold up. I'll be waiting with baited breath! ;)

Like this?!?
39/39 745kv tp motor. Outcast 12s. Only issue is keeping the front end on the ground so far.

20231003_012341.jpg

Last edited:
I just switched from 39/39 on 8s to 35/39 12s. One thing I noticed and which was surprising to me is that my motor runs cooler but esc runs hotter on 12s set up, on 8s it was the other way around.

So you got it all goin? 745kv tp motor is rockin & rollin?
Does it get it on?

Ive never tried 8s on my 12s. 🤔

I just switched from 39/39 on 8s to 35/39 12s. One thing I noticed and which was surprising to me is that my motor runs cooler but esc runs hotter on 12s set up, on 8s it was the other way around.
Nice!! damn I really need to gear up then. You guys are all running much higher than me. No wonder I was underwhelmed.
35/39 right now 800kv in the Kraton

Like this?!?
39/39 745kv tp motor. Outcast 12s. Only issue is keeping the front end on the ground so far.

View attachment 325132
my 8s kraton used the same outdrive cups for over a year. They had plenty of wear but I saw no reason to change them as they still worked fine. Even if you cut that in half for 12s I'd still be super happy with that lol.
Go 1:1!
Let us know how the wear on the drivetrain and outdrives hold up. I'll be waiting with baited breath! ;)
The drive train holds up amazingly well for me on 8s so I'm assuming it will be okay. My xrt has been handling it well and I would consider it to have a weaker drivetrain. I think the max 5 g2 250 amp limit is key here tbh.

Last edited:
Sounds like TP is a better motor than Castle? (Possibly?) I don't think I'm going to swap it in though till the castle gives up

Last edited:
Same size? Why upgrade from Castle to TP?

You happen to have any input on Castle vs TP? I have 2 1717 Castles in my 6s rigs. Love'm!
Im waiting on PPS to start back up again, so I can purchase his dual motor mount. Im told running dual motors requires sensored. This will be my 1st venture on that. TP does sell sensored motors as well. Probably go Castle on the dual motor setup though. More research on my part is gonna be needed. 🤓

Same size? Why upgrade from Castle to TP?
Castle sensor in the motor will die and you will lose that sensor capability. Meanwhile TP power non sensored motor feels smooth as butter even without a sensor cable. That says nothing of the performance characteristics of each motor but for that fact alone I'd pick TP. I dunno if that 6 pole has something to do with it or not but they're the only ones I've seen using 6 pole and their motors all seem to be wonderfully smooth and powerful.

Castle sensor in the motor will die and you will lose that sensor capability. Meanwhile TP power non sensored motor feels smooth as butter even without a sensor cable. That says nothing of the performance characteristics of each motor but for that fact alone I'd pick TP. I dunno if that 6 pole has something to do with it or not but they're the only ones I've seen using 6 pole and their motors all seem to be wonderfully smooth and powerful.
Which TP are ya running? I've only ran Hw/Castle/hobbystar...all the TP talk has piqued my interest in a possible 12s setup...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back