Granite 17mm Hex adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supershadrap

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi! Does anybody knows or have tried to fit the 4s line 17mm Hex adapters (part AR310910) on the granite (or other 3s line car)?
I would like to use my granite with 17mm Hex wheels but don't want to use extenders.
Thank you for help
IMG_20200630_001543.jpg

No the 4s line hexes will not work without swapping to the 4s driveshafts and hubs.

For what you want to do you could get the Duratrax 12mm hexes for the Arrma 4x4 lineup, then add in something like this https://www.amazon.com/ShareGoo-Adapter-Converter-Tamiya-Traxxas/dp/B07PZ481FT/ref=sr_1_8?crid=RE7LXTC3I54I&dchild=1&keywords=12mm+to+17mm+hex+adapters+rc&qid=1593470763&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=12mm+to,toys-and-games,187&sr=1-8 I have no personal experience with those hexes they were just what popped up on Amazon.

I had a similar question, but going from the Typhon 3S's 17mm to the Granite's 14mm. Can't the Typhon 3S axles be used? The hubs, bearings and driveshafts all seem to be the same.

Typhon axle.png

You can interchange between 3S rigs but a lot of the 4S parts are a different diameter. If you want to use one 4S part, you go down a deep rabbit hole of others required.

He's trying to get 17mm hexes on a Granite. The Typhon 3S ones will work won't they?
Yes. You will need the Typhon axles, pins, hexes, and nuts. That sometimes comes as a bundle from kit breakers, but not as new parts in a bag.

I bought these on eBay, cheap as chips, they need standard 12mm hexes inside so i picked up a cheap set and drilled the center out to accommodate the bigger axle. Job done, minimal slop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702_224128_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702_224128_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 72
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back