1M Diff Fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all,

My rear diff blew apart. No biggie. I have been lazy in doing maintenance on this rc for a bit. So, it happens that something bad might happen. LOL

Another member on here is stating that I should use 1M diff fluid in the center diff. Mind you, this is in my Fire Team. When I asked why, he stated, "Better traction, more direct power applied to front and rear diffs, no unloading......."

I myself, will be putting in 200k front/500k center/100K rear. That's overkill in the middle but, it should be fine. What do you fine people say?

Thx.

I'm already up to aprox. 700k in the center. (A mix of 1mil and 500k) I def. need 1 mil at center now. (Stock FT electrics with speed pinion, in the dirt)
Running 60k front and 30k rear. I am just fine with the Fr and Rear oils now. My steering is fine this way. (y)(y)200k at the Front is just too thick IMHO. . I still run the stocker FT tires . I like them best for off roading. Tried many others.

The center metal diff gets up to 250F easily still. A plastic diff would have melted in a heartbeat by now. Been there. A metal center diff should be standard in every 6s off road platform IMHO. Front and Rear stocker plastic diffs are just fine.
1 mil at center seems a must at this point for me.:cool:
BTW I finally blew out one rear FT wheel a few days ago. ( the original set) Got aprox 30+ packs on them. Need a Jennys order of them. I truly prefer the FT wheels. They are nice and tall , yet not all too wide. Just right. I consider them durable as well. Not the prettiest wheels going. But they work out great for me.
I will be dropping down one tooth from my Speed pinion size as well.
I have my FT dialed so close to where I want it now.

Last edited:
I have changed differential fluid a dozen times within a day to get the best track performance, everyone is going to have a preference based on their application. Find out what works best for you...

Track running is a way different animal than Fast wide open field bashing. If you Bash with thinner oils, Diff durability will always take a hit.
With Confined technical Track running.... always needs thinner fluids to achieve best lap times. And with track running, in most setups, you are ideally geared much lower as well.
Yeah we all drive differently. Its quite subjective.

>>If you don't build and fill your diffs consistently/properly every time, what is supposed to be 60k for example, will feel like its 200k or even 20k. Can go both ways and to a disadvantage.
I've built two identical 60k diffs, Same brand identical oils, and yet they both still feel like they have different oils in them. It can be deceiving. Been there.
A Consistent build technique matters. Always need to fully clean out the diffs, all parts free of ANY old oils. I keep spare diffs at the ready to drop in, then evaluate from there. Usually when the rig is fairly new to dial it in.
At a track, you need to do this. There isn't much time to rebuild and refill diffs at a track setting. Plan ahead.

Last edited:
I have changed differential fluid a dozen times within a day to get the best track performance, everyone is going to have a preference based on their application. Find out what works best for you...

Oh for sure. That's what I usually put in with my type of driving.

60k front / silicone / 30k in the rear on my Kraton XL and Outcast 6s. Though to be warned….

1697136743065.gif

No drive line breaks thus far 🤞I like the instant response it gives me.

A dozen times?? Wow, what type of racing?

FWIW, I stuffed my Kaiju center diff with an ear plug. Was a seriously tight fit, trying to get the spur gear seated, I had to use the screws to draw it tight to the cup!! Oh man, that thing will NEVER diff out again right!? Wrong!! Was really tight for a while, but now has broken down apparently cuz, I can see the front tires balloon now. It's actually perfect for my liking.

FWIW, I stuffed my Kaiju center diff with an ear plug. Was a seriously tight fit, trying to get the spur gear seated, I had to use the screws to draw it tight to the cup!! Oh man, that thing will NEVER diff out again right!? Wrong!! Was really tight for a while, but now has broken down apparently cuz, I can see the front tires balloon now. It's actually perfect for my liking.
It probably needs another earplug. They break down and get stuck to the sides of the diff cup.

It probably needs another earplug. They break down and get stuck to the sides of the diff cup.
I agree, but also like as is so, I'll leave it alone until I get the motorvation to tear it down. Comes apart like an Xmaxx or maxx. Too time consuming until it's broke!!🤣🤣

I prefer Traxxass 20M, it’s about all I care about from their entire organization.
I get it. I have their rigs, but totally get where ur coming from. To each their own bro.🍻
Sometimes I just feel so dirty!! Then I beat the tar outta my Xmaxx and feel better again!!😛😂😂

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back