DBXL-E 2.0 diff oil recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure mine are all stock. I never changed the diff fluid after I bought it. The center diff seems seriously light, I plan to try 20 mil or something eventually.

Pretty sure mine are all stock. I never changed the diff fluid after I bought it. The center diff seems seriously light, I plan to try 20 mil or something eventually.
Me either, mine are all stock as well. I literally only have three runs on the rig, each ending with varying levels of carnage. The last one was terrible and ridiculously expensive. It’s been on a shelf since, but it looks like I might actually get back to the bench in a week or two and that Losi is near the top of my priorities. Let’s say top 5…😂

Me either, mine are all stock as well. I literally only have three runs on the rig, each ending with varying levels of carnage. The last one was terrible and ridiculously expensive. It’s been on a shelf since, but it looks like I might actually get back to the bench in a week or two and that Losi is near the top of my priorities. Let’s say top 5…😂
I'm still salty my rear bulkhead bearings exploded when I landed a jump on all fours. It always sucks when you land a jump and still end up cutting your run short from damage lol. I was warned I would need to get alu bulkheads asap though and already had some in the bin waiting to go.

I've now had 2 different xlx2 die in my dbxl though and I don't know why. Did you wreck yours jumping? everyone always says not to jump the dbxl much but I bought it fully expecting to jump it the same as all my other rigs so I'm hoping my next time taking it out It can survive since I believe I have almost all the weak spots addressed. I heard alu knuckles/hub carriers? were a needed upgrade too so I also have them in the bin but haven't broken the stock ones yet.

Yeah the center seems way too light. Which aluminum bulkheads and hubs are you guys looking at?

I'm still salty my rear bulkhead bearings exploded when I landed a jump on all fours. It always sucks when you land a jump and still end up cutting your run short from damage lol. I was warned I would need to get alu bulkheads asap though and already had some in the bin waiting to go.

I've now had 2 different xlx2 die in my dbxl though and I don't know why. Did you wreck yours jumping? everyone always says not to jump the dbxl much but I bought it fully expecting to jump it the same as all my other rigs so I'm hoping my next time taking it out It can survive since I believe I have almost all the weak spots addressed. I heard alu knuckles/hub carriers? were a needed upgrade too so I also have them in the bin but haven't broken the stock ones yet.
I got Vitavon hubs and bulkheads to install. Going back with factory a-arms. I already got the steering bellcrank, center braces, towers, and top plate. So I totally did it bass-ackwards. 😂
First breakage was my fault, I should have known better than to run it in 15° temps. One three foot, gentle launch and there go both c-hubs and an a-arm. Next one was a tumble, and “look ma, more broken a-arms!” Third time was straight balls out into a cut-off stump camouflaged by leaves. Wiped out the whole front of the truck.

I believe I did f500k c1m r200k on the max4 dbxl-e, 24t pinion stock spur. It definitely needs a little thicker up front... as it can and will balloon the mx43's right off without throttle control... that one also has the vitavon f/c/r bulkheads $$$ but highly recommended!!!, all stock suspension stuff except hub extensions, and full losi aluminum chassis braces.
How's the fit and finish of that GTB stuff??? Thanks Mike

Last edited:
I believe I did f500k c1m r200k on the max4 dbxl-e, 24t pinion stock spur. It definitely needs a little thicker up front... as it can and will balloon the mx43's right off without throttle control... that one also has the vitavon f/c/r bulkheads $$$ but highly recommended!!!, all stock suspension stuff except hub extensions, and full losi aluminum chassis braces.

I haven't installed them yet but a few pieces have one or two nicks on them but overall I'm happy enough with them and not complaining. The FID bulkheads were great though I definitely needed to shim away from the gear iirc.

I also went with the fid braces f&r on the 8s dbxl-e. I found the stock cases will hold up well on 8s when properly shimmed(with the braces) especially the inputs... With good bearings!!!!!!! Keep in mind this is the max5 dbxl-e. And that one is f200k c1m r100k... I only ran it once months ago and can't remember how it was. Mike

Last edited:
Just got mine all ordered up so I'm happy to see some other info on it 😁😁😁 I got a slider off eBay because I knew electronics and tires were different off the jump. Have the max 4 combo to go in and mx43. I'm really pumped to dig into it.

That diff case link, does that come with both front and rear or is that saying it fits front or rear?
it comes with both, i would have been mad af paying 130$ for one bulkhead :ROFLMAO:

I find that if you have a somewhat fragile rig , you should be running thinner Diff oils in general. It will only help better IMHO.
Not that it will have the best power delivery, but just a tad more durability. Drivetrain being way more forgiving.
There will be less overall Torque over-loading, transferred throughout the whole chassis this way.
My 3 cents.

I think the dbxl-e drive train is actually pretty damn good once you get alu bulkheads. Definitely better than Arrma 8s! the dog bones a lot thicker too iirc. Originally I was scared to turn my punch up after what happened to me with arrma 8s drive train but dbxl handle it zero problems so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back