Typhon 2050kv firma motor gearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I put a 6s system in my typhon 3s recently. It ran a 2400kv 4s before. It will only run 3-4s. I know it is lower kv than the other motor. It seems a significant amount slower. I don’t know the real use and condition of the motor. Have you all encountered that much speed difference with 350kv? I am curious what pinion should I go to? It is running a 16t pinion with the kraton 4s slipper setup.

It’s a simple math equation my friend.

2050kv / 2400kv = 85%

If you keep the same pinion, then your speed will be approximately 85% of what you experienced with the old motor.

16 / .85 = ~19

So, you’ll see similar speeds if you increase the pinion to 19T with the new motor.

If you have an iPhone, I would recommend downloading the “Gear Speed” app for this type of thing.

2050kv / 2400kv = 85%

If you keep the same pinion, then your speed will be approximately 85% of what you experienced with the old motor.

16 / .85 = ~19

So, you’ll see similar speeds if you increase the pinion to 19T with the new motor.

If you have an iPhone, I would recommend downloading the “Gear Speed” app for this type of thing.
Thanks! That helps a lot. I think I’ll do like 20tooth pinion.

Still need to gear it differently but here’s my build. Has anyone ever made a typhon 3s or any of the 3s blx able to handle 6s power?
image.jpg

Last edited:

2050kv / 2400kv = 85%

16 / .85 = ~19

Thx....

Still a sponge learn something new here every visit (y)

Look for the app for my Android

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back