Kraton 3d Printed center drive shaft?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the material, but if you are breaking a stock shaft I bet this would last about 1 and a half minutes!

I strongly suggest using a dust cover in this case.

Depends on the material, but if you are breaking a stock shaft I bet this would last about 1 and a half minutes!
Haven't broken one, but rocks are getting stuck between the motor and shaft. This making big groves and will snap soon. I have already 3d printed a shaft but haven't used it. Feels alot stronger, which I'm very surprised.

Last edited:
Haven't broken one, but rocks are getting stuck between the motor and shaft. This making big groves and will snap soon. I have already 3d printed a shaft but haven't used it. Feels alot stronger, which I'm very surprised.
You can 3d print a cover for a stock shaft to protect it from rocks- but I don't have the files on me. Should be free online!

I bought a replacement because I thought the stock one would snap soon. It hasn't. It's three years later and the replacement is still brand new in the bag. My driveshaft has so many grooves it looks like a piece of spun pottery. But it's still quite solid and working perfectly well.

Almost every alternative driveshaft I've seen on this forum has ended up breaking or bending or causing problems. The stock driveshaft works perfectly well and is so cheap, that I think replacing it if it does break is still the best alternative.

However, I recently saw a video of a guy that ran in gravel/rocks. He said he couldn't get through a session without snapping a driveshaft. If it's really that bad, I guess you have to consider alternatives.

I don't really have much experience or expertise in 3d printed parts, but my impression is they are not particularly sturdy. The way it prints in layers is inherently creating weak seams, all in the same direction, which can snap. If someone knows differently, let me know. I'd love to be making custom 3d printer parts for myself if they can hold up to RC. I mean, I'm seeing there are 3d printed car parts, so I'm sure with the right technology and resources 3d printing RC parts is possible, but with standard materials, looks like it's somewhat limited.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back