Kraton New Kraton missing center shaft bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheStapler

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Happy new year all,

I just brought a new Kraton v2.5 and just started checking it over and notice its missing the center shaft bearing. My question is could i drive it with out if light on the throttle? I'm abit disappointed as its not a cheap car and now need to chase the hobby shop.

20240101_103430.jpg

Happy new year all,

I just brought a new Kraton v2.5 and just started checking it over and notice its missing the center shaft bearing. My question is could i drive it with out if light on the throttle? I'm abit disappointed as its not a cheap car and now need to chase the hobby shop.

View attachment 340276

They must've missed it during their holiday assembly night shift..

Yes, you can still bash with it missing.
Perhaps dial down your throttle to 50%..

They must've missed it during their holiday assembly night shift..

Yes, you can still bash with it missing.
Perhaps dial down your throttle to 50%..
Cool, I've had it sitting here for 3 days and hanging to try it out. I also notice 1 shock feels low/no oil. I hope the diffs are ok🤞 did check the pinion gear mesh and looking good.

Cool, I've had it sitting here for 3 days and hanging to try it out. I also notice 1 shock feels low/no oil. I hope the diffs are ok🤞 did check the pinion gear mesh and looking good.

Most likely the diffs are low also. That is a very common thing for Arrma vehicles.
If you have any on hand just rip em open and top them off. If not I'd order some up and get into them as soon as possible.
I recommend Team Associated diff oils. They are made by Lucas oil and is good stuff. Also to mention Lucas red n tacky for the outer diff/pinion gear 😉

Must've gotten a Thursdays assembly build...

Definitely give HH customer service a call and have them ship you the replacement bearing and bearing holder.

Must've gotten a Thursdays assembly build...

Definitely give HH customer service a call and have them ship you the replacement bearing and bearing holder.

Pretty sure the holder is built into the chassis now.. 🤔

Most likely the diffs are low also. That is a very common thing for Arrma vehicles.
If you have any on hand just rip em open and top them off. If not I'd order some up and get into them as soon as possible.
I recommend Team Associated diff oils. They are made by Lucas oil and is good stuff. Also to mention Lucas red n tacky for the outer diff/pinion gear 😉
Been out of the bashing hobby for along time. Last car i had was a hyper 7. Sold everything 😔. I brought a hyper go 14210 only just over a month ago and that has given me the itch.
Hopefully the hobby shop just posts a bearing and I'll ask if they can send the diff oil at the sametime.
Pretty sure the holder is built into the chassis now.. 🤔
I'm in Australia so not sure if they would help.

Been out of the bashing hobby for along time. Last car i had was a hyper 7. Sold everything 😔. I brought a hyper go 14210 only just over a month ago and that has given me the itch.
Hopefully the hobby shop just posts a bearing and I'll ask if they can send the diff oil at the sametime.

Nice!
I remember when the hyper 7 came out. It was a dream of mine to own one at the time 😁

Did you mail order your rig? Or buy it from a hobby shop local to you?..

By the way, welcome to the forum..

Did you mail order your rig? Or buy it from a hobby shop local to you?..

By the way, welcome to the forum..
Got it from a hobby shop locally, just an inconvenience as i won't be able to get back to hobby shop this week due to work😔 that is why i hope they can just post a bearing. Thanks for the welcome, i'm sure there will be other questions pop up once i start using it.

Got it from a hobby shop locally, just an inconvenience as i won't be able to get back to hobby shop this week due to work😔 that is why i hope they can just post a bearing. Thanks for the welcome, i'm sure there will be other questions pop up once i start using it.

Completely understand.. can definitely be frustrating to have an issue out of the box.. definitely worth giving them a call and explaining the situation/ supplying them with pictures.. it is a common bearing size, hopefully they have one there for you.. also with any luck they will ship it to you as you stated..

I've seen several people over the years not run a bearing on the shaft.. but, the old version chassis's had a removable bearing mount.. I would imagine you can run it, but I wouldn't recommend long full throttle pulls until you can confirm the shaft doesn't oscillate into the molded bearing mount.. It may be best to slide the o-ring back to where the mount is just in case it decided to rub.. 👍

Fortunately the newer version you have with a center diff has a shorter center shaft when installed, so for sure it will not oscillate as bad as the v1 without a bearing.. 👍

Good luck man, and enjoy that rig, we are always here if you need help, just ask.. ✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back