Kraton Newc4s v2.5 drive shaft O ring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixxie33

Reaction score
Ok, I give up, does the O ring on the drive shaft have to fit into the bracket the bearing sits into?
Or does it just just sit infron of the bearing, and does nothing?

Not understanding. Need more info. Center drive shaft? The rubber o-ring just fits into the groove. Honestly you don't even need it.

Yup, was wondering the exact same thing.

I found this thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/o-ring-on-the-driveshaft.30722/ , where members claim it must hold the central bearing in place.
While that would kind of make sense, there's still something very odd...

Please take a look at the official K4s v2.5 introductory video, and pause at 0:55:
Notice it is there, just ... hanging around.

Same at 1:07: it's right next to the braces that hold the bearing in place, but it is not _within_ the braces, and thus appears (to my untrained eye) useless.

Now, since those are official Arrma videos, I'd not expect to see seemingly useless parts floating around there.
I'll move it within the braces; I guess it can't hurt...

Yup, was wondering the exact same thing.

I found this thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/o-ring-on-the-driveshaft.30722/ , where members claim it must hold the central bearing in place.
While that would kind of make sense, there's still something very odd...

Please take a look at the official K4s v2.5 introductory video, and pause at 0:55:
Notice it is there, just ... hanging around.

Same at 1:07: it's right next to the braces that hold the bearing in place, but it is not _within_ the braces, and thus appears (to my untrained eye) useless.

Now, since those are official Arrma videos, I'd not expect to see seemingly useless parts floating around there.
I'll move it within the braces; I guess it can't hurt...
It is to prevent the motor directly hitting the driveshaft for some reason?

It is only there to prevent the bearing from falling off when you remove the driveshaft. You can do without it if your careful not to lose the during disassembly.

Back