Kraton 3d printed some Mudguards for my Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
20230118_203327.jpg

They seem to work pretty well, even though I just printed them in pla. I like this specific design as it extends up the shock a bit.

Made a video about them here

Cool! My truck came with mudguards at the back. I've heard people say that don't do much. But, I dunno, after a few sessions, one of which was in kind of messy conditions, they seemed to help keep stuff off the rear A-arms and driveshafts. Honestly, it made me curious about adding them to the front A-arms as well, seems like they might help with going through (and "trimming) grass, etc.

I love the fact that 3D printing makes it so straightforward to experiment and try different designs.

Never tried those because of aerodynamic purposes but doesn’t the dirt, mud, and water just consolidate more onto the diff case and into the wheel?

Could you add an upper/lower radius bend to prevent everything from being caught?

Never tried those because of aerodynamic purposes but doesn’t the dirt, mud, and water just consolidate more onto the diff case and into the wheel?

Could you add an upper/lower radius bend to prevent everything from being caught?
On my previous Kraton, I bought some and they definitely helped in keeping dirt off the shocks and reduced the amount of grass getting wound up in the rear driveshafts. Not sure how bad the aerodynamic effect is at 60mph tbh..
Not sure what you mean by upper/lower radius?
Cool! My truck came with mudguards at the back. I've heard people say that don't do much. But, I dunno, after a few sessions, one of which was in kind of messy conditions, they seemed to help keep stuff off the rear A-arms and driveshafts. Honestly, it made me curious about adding them to the front A-arms as well, seems like they might help with going through (and "trimming) grass, etc.

I love the fact that 3D printing makes it so straightforward to experiment and try different designs.
yup, they definitely help for me!
3D printing is pretty awesome, I even printed some flexible a arms, front bumper and rear spoiler for one of my smaller cars making it way more durable

Instead of being flat, a radius would deflect wind and debris above and below

I have some on my 8s and 6s rigs and they definitely help! The grass, pine needles and weeds get wound up on driveshafts and gravel/rocks tear up the plastics without.

I have some on my 8s and 6s rigs and they definitely help! The grass, pine needles and weeds get wound up on driveshafts and gravel/rocks tear up the plastics without.
That gave me an Idea: what if I print the mudguards in tpu (flexible - really hard to break) and make them so a little lip goes under the a arms to protect them from getting torn up 🤔
Cause after some time mine always get really scratched up and stuff and look horrible

That gave me an Idea: what if I print the mudguards in tpu (flexible - really hard to break) and make them so a little lip goes under the a arms to protect them from getting torn up 🤔
Cause after some time mine always get really scratched up and stuff and look horrible

Yes!

Yea, TPU seems like a popular material for car parts. I have only used PLA and PETG so far, but I have TPU that I should try. I just haven't really had a need for it yet.

And I like the idea of just being able to try stuff. Like I had a dumb idea that might be able to help prevent the tops of the shocks from digging and jamming into the dirt during an upside down "event". If they could slide better, it might put less stress on the shock towers and the tops of the shocks.

Oh yeah! If you added a dulled razor blade at the front of each mudguard, you could also mow the lawn while playing!

Yea, TPU seems like a popular material for car parts. I have only used PLA and PETG so far, but I have TPU that I should try. I just haven't really had a need for it yet.

And I like the idea of just being able to try stuff. Like I had a dumb idea that might be able to help prevent the tops of the shocks from digging and jamming into the dirt during an upside down "event". If they could slide better, it might put less stress on the shock towers and the tops of the shocks.

That's a good idea 👍

Oh yeah! If you added a dulled razor blade at the front of each mudguard, you could also mow the lawn while playing!

Oh you mean these...

1674330542479.png

Mud guards ftw for sure....

I've ran with and without many times. The amount of junk smashed into your cups and bearings inner and outter is just ridiculous in comparison. Getting a set off thingiverse and printing them is a nice alternative to purchasing, and its cheap and easy. Even if you scratch make them in a CAD program they are pretty easy to make.

I have been lazy since I swapped to exb arms and never got or made a new set, this has inspired me to custom make a set for the noto build I just did. I will try and make something funky and cool and one of a kind. I'll post it up as well when its done.

I love to see people 3D printing parts on here. I do all the time and its super helpful!! A lot of times I custom make things that don't exist that I IMO literally need!! Like my Ram Air System, and I just made a rear body post support for when run bodies that are tall in the rear and require extended body posts.

Mud guards ftw for sure....

I've ran with and without many times. The amount of junk smashed into your cups and bearings inner and outter is just ridiculous in comparison. Getting a set off thingiverse and printing them is a nice alternative to purchasing, and its cheap and easy. Even if you scratch make them in a CAD program they are pretty easy to make.

I have been lazy since I swapped to exb arms and never got or made a new set, this has inspired me to custom make a set for the noto build I just did. I will try and make something funky and cool and one of a kind. I'll post it up as well when its done.

I love to see people 3D printing parts on here. I do all the time and its super helpful!! A lot of times I custom make things that don't exist that I IMO literally need!! Like my Ram Air System, and I just made a rear body post support for when run bodies that are tall in the rear and require extended body posts.
Yesterday, I was driving with my friend, me with my K6S V1, him with his K6S EXB. the rear axles, a arms etc got way more dirty on his because he didn't have any mudguards. That being said, the inside of my car got more dirty than his because there are no front mudguards on the V1, but there are on the EXB!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back