3D-RC REVIEWS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reviews are now LIVE!!, if you’ve had the pleasure of owning any 3D-RC parts, swing by and leave a review! View attachment 160417
https://3d-rc.myshopify.com/

I just posted this short review in 3-D RC‘s vendor section but then noticed this thread. Here’s my two cents.

After breaking numerous wing mounts and front bumper shock absorbers on my heavy Kraton 8S BLX, I found 3D RC and purchased their 3-D printed wing mount and front shock absorber and couldn’t be happier with the parts.

I’ve purchased 3-D printed parts from other vendors and haven’t been thrilled with the material used or the build quality but the flexible material and build quality of 3-D RC‘s parts is perfect.

There is just enough flex to absorb large impacts and not break but they still support the weight of the vehicle to protect the body, suspension, and other components behind them.

The only negative I can say is that the wing mount did not come with any hardware and I don’t think the stock screws worked for it. I can’t remember for sure but I may have needed to purchase longer screws and small washers to keep the screws from pulling through the mounting holes. This isn’t a huge issue but it would be nice if they were included since the OEM ones didn’t work.

As for the parts, they’ve been through numerous hard impacts and show zero signs of damage. Anyone looking for a virtually indestructible wing mount for their Kraton 8S should look no further.

*** I have no affiliation with this vendor, just like to give credit where it’s due.

47DB7F9E-4DD4-453F-8A11-BE36DB366374.jpeg

I just posted this short review in 3-D RC‘s vendor section but then noticed this thread. Here’s my two cents.

After breaking numerous wing mounts and front bumper shock absorbers on my heavy Kraton 8S BLX, I found 3D RC and purchased their 3-D printed wing mount and front shock absorber and couldn’t be happier with the parts.

I’ve purchased 3-D printed parts from other vendors and haven’t been thrilled with the material used or the build quality but the flexible material and build quality of 3-D RC‘s parts is perfect.

There is just enough flex to absorb large impacts and not break but they still support the weight of the vehicle to protect the body, suspension, and other components behind them.

The only negative I can say is that the wing mount did not come with any hardware and I don’t think the stock screws worked for it. I can’t remember for sure but I may have needed to purchase longer screws and small washers to keep the screws from pulling through the mounting holes. This isn’t a huge issue but it would be nice if they were included since the OEM ones didn’t work.

As for the parts, they’ve been through numerous hard impacts and show zero signs of damage. Anyone looking for a virtually indestructible wing mount for their Kraton 8S should look no further.

*** I have no affiliation with this vendor, just like to give credit where it’s due.

View attachment 238330
My good friend, this is great you love the products from @3d-rc.myshopify.com I love them too!

Just wanted to let you know though… your bumper support pictured, is installed upside down. If installed properly, the “3DRC” would be upright and readable.

Just thought I should let ya know 😎👍🏻

My good friend, this is great you love the products from @3d-rc.myshopify.com I love them too!

Just wanted to let you know though… your bumper support pictured, is installed upside down. If installed properly, the “3DRC” would be upright and readable.

Just thought I should let ya know

haha, I never even noticed that but the lettering definitely reads backwards in the picture. I don’t have it with me at the moment to check it but I feel like it fit perfectly that way. I’m just not sure how those screw holes would align with the bumper in that position. Maybe it’ll sit lower and support the bumper better the other way around… and I’ll have a nice gap where I trimmed the body to fit around it.

Works better upside down than the stock part!

Just thought I should let ya know 😎👍🏻
My Kraton is about an hour away at my office so I won’t be able to check it in person but I searched online for pictures of the 8S bumper support installed and was only able to come up with one picture. This guy has it installed the same way I did. It’s a sick build btw. Guy probably has over $3k into it.

I’ll try flipping it around tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

A0CFEC86-2EF8-4BBF-89A9-088C104292EB.png

Last edited:
My Kraton is about an hour away at my office so I won’t be able to check it in person but I searched online for pictures of the 8S bumper support installed and was only able to come up with one picture. This guy has it installed the same way I did. It’s a sick build btw. Guy probably has over $3k into it.

I’ll try flipping it around tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

View attachment 238608
I stand corrected. The support fits better the other way around and sits lower in the bumper.

793FA4AA-F279-424D-A1A9-F66B8963927A.jpeg

I must be doing something wrong now.
I ate stocker and RPM wing mounts galore, early on.
I don't any longer.:rolleyes:
So I haven't needed to replace them lately.:unsure:
I'm anxious to break one already, just so I can buy these 3D-Rc wing mounts.:giggle:
I hear they are the cats meow.(y)
Arrma could have made them better, yet still flexible enough to not break and protect the rear tower etc.
But when you think about it, Arrma would lose $$ this way. They make $$ on the parts. Where the bread and butter is for them. Any RC brand.
:cool:

I must be doing something wrong now.
I ate stocker and RPM wing mounts galore, early on.
I don't any longer.:rolleyes:
So I haven't needed to replace them lately.:unsure:
I'm anxious to break one already, just so I can buy these 3D-Rc wing mounts.:giggle:
I hear they are the cats meow.(y)
Arrma could have made them better, yet still flexible enough to not break and protect the rear tower etc.
But when you think about it, Arrma would lose $$ this way. They make $$ on the parts. Where the bread and butter is for them. Any RC brand.
:cool:
Colder weather is almost here. Don’t worry it will happen soon. Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back