3D Tank Track Snowboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I love this kind of dumb stuff! Taking a concept and trying to 3d print it, that it. Some ideas seem doomed to fail from conception (like this one lol) but it's cool seeing the trial and error and overcoming of engineering hurdles.

I'd be curious to see if he ditched the tracks idea and went with a regular wheel, could he still make everything else 3d printed (gears and frame assembly and all that). Tracks dig in too much with all his weight.

Haha, I love this kind of dumb stuff! Taking a concept and trying to 3d print it, that it. Some ideas seem doomed to fail from conception (like this one lol) but it's cool seeing the trial and error and overcoming of engineering hurdles.

I'd be curious to see if he ditched the tracks idea and went with a regular wheel, could he still make everything else 3d printed (gears and frame assembly and all that). Tracks dig in too much with all his weight.

There was just too much friction to overcome with his weight on the board and the "light weight" system on the rear.

But, He was literally on the right track... 🤣

All he Needed to do was to add another SAME drive system to the front of the snowboard ,to have it AWD basically..
With him "floating" Between the tracts...

AND he needed to design in a slight bevel into the edges of the tracts so to give himself the ability to lean a bit without snapping off the treads.

That guy is funny and he has been doing odd projects on youtube for a while now. Typically failures, but he tries all different stuff.

Back