Infraction 3s Infraction motor and esc in the mega?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
I'm just waiting on some more parts to get into my Mega Infraction. I am still learning in this hobby, but have yet to really jump into or researched motor specs/gearing etc. I've been researching for a while now and my heads spinning! 🤣

For now, until I learn all about motors, specific setups, etc, I wanna get this baby out with 3s!

So simple question, (and yes, I know some people's thoughts about Spektrum stuff, but I've had no issues yet in my other rigs and for now, it's what I'm getting (y);)....and yes, I should have just got the 3s to begin with....Yada, Yada, Yada 😂 )......

Can I just get the stock 100amp esc and the 3660/3900kv brushless that comes with the Infraction 3s and drop it in my Mega? If so, can I use stock gearing from Mega-if not, what gearing?

My ultimate goal with this (either this motor/esc or a future one) is just to street bash, burn outs, etc with some short speed runs. 😆

TIA 😁✌️

Went through the same thing with our Typhon Mega. We also do light bashing, mostly sliding around in the backyard. I replaced everything with stock 3s (BLX) parts. For us that meant the motor, ESC, motor mount, slipper assembly, and pinion gear. I have no idea if that is the same process in an Infraction. Left everything else stock and no issues so far.

Last edited:
Went through the same thing with our Typhon Mega. We also do light bashing, mostly sliding around in the backyard. I replaced everything with stock 3s (BLX) parts. For us that meant the motor, ESC, motor mount, slipper assembly, and pinion gear. I have no idea if that is the same process in an Infraction. Left everything else stocks and no issues so far.
Thanks!! Appreciate the response! (y)

I am contemplating the same thing. Ordering my infraction mega in just a few. Happy birthday to me! I feel by changing all the electronics without a run on the stock setup will be less of a RTR. Notknocking the convenience but old school me likes to tinker until shlt breaks! Can't decide if I want to take the 150/2050 combo out of my typhon and put in this or the stock 3s gear. Will probably try both ways.. Why not!

I've decided to go 4s. Using Outcast 4s ESC and the Hobbystar 3674/2650k

Yea, 55T and 15T. I'm mainly street bashing so will try that combo 1st. Then may try 50/20. I'm still learning all about gear ratios and engine sizes, etc so it'll be trial and error. 🤷‍♂️ And this is my 1st "street/road" rig.

Just got the esc today, but most of the parts are coming throughout this week. I already did the diffs and bearings.

Unfortunately I am currently getting my new Typhon up and running and leaving for vacation this coming weekend. So my mini-Infract build will have to wait till I get back. 😔I wanna take the new Typhon with me on vaca so gotta get that ready to go!

Soooo stoked to get her out there on 4s!!! Strap da GoPro to her......!!! 😆😆😆😆
(y) :LOL: ✌️

Last edited:
Bwhaha! Thanks, I will! 12 days at the beach!! Can't wait. (y) 🦀🦀🌊

Ocean City, MD. My family (Mom/Dad and 3 married siblings) and I own a 1 br condo in a private building. Beach side, 11th floor. Been in the family 20 years, this year. We've been lucky. We've had some great memories there, especially being able to take my kids there at least once every summer since they were born. It was awesome when they were really young. (10 and 13 now). We've taken their pics at the same 2 spots on the boardwalk almost every year we've gone. It's fun seeing them grow year by year.

This was this past June, showing the view and me rockin' my Arrma shirt! 😁 . We went down for a long weekend for my bday.
20220624_103418.jpg

I’m in the middle of doing this as well with parts from Jenny’s. The mega pinion won’t fit the 3S motor. Mega motor is a 1/8” shaft and the 3S motors are a 5mm shaft. Also, the slipper clutch likely won’t last long, so pick up a 3S slipper assembly if you can. Those are Mod 0.8 so match your new pinion accordingly. If you haven’t picked up a drive shaft support bearing or a 3S motor mount yet, those are also a good idea.

With all that fun your having with other rigs I guess this one is still on the back burner. C'mon man, need some input!😁😁
Weird....I never got any notices of your last 2 posts here.....

I know, I know!! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, had to get some time on the new ramp and test out the 6s on the Terps Typhon. Haven't been on my tracknin a few weeks! :(

After getting back from beach I've had alot of adulting to do. I hate adulting! 🙄

Been working on stuff around house that's been neglected and now an assistant coach for my son's Flag Football team.......so that's been taking up a lot of time.

I still gotta finish my Po-Po shell too. Just not enough hours in the day! :(

I'll get on it very soon buddy!! 😁✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back