4bay/ 4 battery lipo charger

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am looking to upgrade my battery charger. I have a venom pro duo charger and I want to go to a 4battery charger. I don't want to buy the best out there but want one I'm going to get my money worth

pl9171

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I am looking to upgrade my battery charger. I have a venom pro duo charger and I want to go to a 4battery charger. I don't want to buy the best out there but want one I'm going to get my money worth
Hi,
We have Hitec 4x, and works fine;

PL

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does this model have the 2x100w and 2x50w channels

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Does this model have the 2x100w and 2x50w channels
Yes.

I have the dynamite 4x100W/4x10A AC/DC. Been using it for a few years now without issue. I got it when I was running 2x2S in my first electric RC and was able to charge 4x9000mah 2S packs at once at 10A.

Now I run 3S in most of my stuff and it will still charge 4 3S 5000mah packs without issue at a time. It will do them at almost 2C, but not quite. If I was running 6S, I'd run into the wattage limit with any 6S packs over 4500mah. Since I have to run split packs in 2 of my 1/8th trucks, I'll keep using 2x3S anyway.

I also have a hitec d7 which is 2x200w/2x20A on AC/DC.

Whenever I go out, I typically charge 6 packs. [email protected] for my big dual pack trucks and [email protected] for my smaller single pack trucks.

This is from when I was still running 2x2S in my big trucks:

One thing I ran across on forums where guys were using the dynamite charger, they were having power switch failures. I have my chargers plugged into a power strip and use the power button on that, so I never shut the chargers off directly.

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Why wont you just buy another Venom pro duo?
2× duo makes 4 bay's together.. Right?
Long story but my charger has come up missing
Yes.

I have the dynamite 4x100W/4x10A AC/DC. Been using it for a few years now without issue. I got it when I was running 2x2S in my first electric RC and was able to charge 4x9000mah 2S packs at once at 10A.

Now I run 3S in most of my stuff and it will still charge 4 3S 5000mah packs without issue at a time. It will do them at almost 2C, but not quite. If I was running 6S, I'd run into the wattage limit with any 6S packs over 4500mah. Since I have to run split packs in 2 of my 1/8th trucks, I'll keep using 2x3S anyway.

I also have a hitec d7 which is 2x200w/2x20A on AC/DC.

Whenever I go out, I typically charge 6 packs. [email protected] for my big dual pack trucks and [email protected] for my smaller single pack trucks.

This is from when I was still running 2x2S in my big trucks:

One thing I ran across on forums where guys were using the dynamite charger, they were having power switch failures. I have my chargers plugged into a power strip and use the power button on that, so I never shut the chargers off directly.
You talk about lower voltage batteries, what about the 6s? I run 2x3s now but I am going to run 6s and would be charging two of them at once

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
Last edited:

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Go big or go home lol https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turbo-charger-1200w-4-300w-synchronous-balance-charger-discharger-version-2.html?countrycode=US&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjwsIbpBRBNEiwAZF8-z3uexTTBoQLGk5aumXC_Hd02vff8zWOpzH8h7Y_sDna6pFeitJERCxoCMfgQAvD_BwE

In all honesty I would not bother with anything that does not do at least 300w per channel. It's nice to have the ability to charge 4 5000mah 6s lipos in 30 minutes.
That one is not much more than the one I'm looking for, it does show charge leads for xt90 but no AC plug to charge at home

nino

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
It requires a DC power supply, an extra 200+ $ if you want to use its full potential.

Totally overkill IMHO.

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
It requires a DC power supply, an extra 200+ $ if you want to use its full potential.

Totally overkill IMHO.
Not good, I need something that will use AC/ DC

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s

Totally overkill IMHO.
$200? You can build your own for far less https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1164359-A-24V-power-supply-from-two-12V-power-supplies

Not good, I need something that will use AC/ DC
DC > AC when it comes to chargers. Almost every ac/dc charger I have seen has more charging power on DC than they do on Ac. Most ac/dc chargers come with some iffy internal power supplies.

Remember if you plan on getting and using 6s lipos the bare minimum to charge a 5000mah 6s lipo at 1c is about 150w.

Also you could just get a big single or dual channel charger and parallel charge. https://www.progressiverc.com/parallel-6x-xt90-charge-cable.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw04vpBRB3EiwA0IieajP12HuNuKdIxzovKEZ_Q8SukXJHZ610uUME_69lEocPS1mNtPYX5BoCKv4QAvD_BwE

https://www.progressiverc.com/parallel-6x-balance-adapter.html

Chargers are definitely something that you want to invest some money in and one of those things that you only want to buy once.

LibertyMKiii

Resident speed junkie
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Limitless, Kraton 6s, Typhon 6s
I have the Venom 4 x 100 watts charger.
It is more than I need (I never charge more than 2 packs at a time), and have been considering selling it if you might be interested. (plugs right into the wall AC power)

jondilly1974

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s, Typhon 6s, Typhon 3s
$200? You can build your own for far less https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1164359-A-24V-power-supply-from-two-12V-power-supplies

DC > AC when it comes to chargers. Almost every ac/dc charger I have seen has more charging power on DC than they do on Ac. Most ac/dc chargers come with some iffy internal power supplies.

Remember if you plan on getting and using 6s lipos the bare minimum to charge a 5000mah 6s lipo at 1c is about 150w.

Also you could just get a big single or dual channel charger and parallel charge. https://www.progressiverc.com/parallel-6x-xt90-charge-cable.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw04vpBRB3EiwA0IieajP12HuNuKdIxzovKEZ_Q8SukXJHZ610uUME_69lEocPS1mNtPYX5BoCKv4QAvD_BwE

https://www.progressiverc.com/parallel-6x-balance-adapter.html

Chargers are definitely something that you want to invest some money in and one of those things that you only want to buy once.
If you look at the size of a 1200W DC power supply, you will realize how big of a charger you would need to be AC/DC 1200W. It would be a monster.

nino

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
@slick2500 That's true, but I personally prefer an all in one solution. I've built a couple of amps, speakers and stuff before (including supplies for them, lol) but nowadays I prefer factory made stuff with nicely finished cases etc. I have an AC/DC 2x200W charger and I'm happy with it. Enough for 2x4000mAh 6s @2C.

What you suggest is a good option though, I guess a supply for that monster charger can be built for < 100$ if OP wants to do it that way. (y)

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Long story but my charger has come up missing

You talk about lower voltage batteries, what about the 6s? I run 2x3s now but I am going to run 6s and would be charging two of them at once
Yeah, that's why I mentioned that I'd hit a wattage limit if I ran 6S packs. I likely never will as I have trucks that run dual packs and only the outcast that would run a single. Since I always run dual packs the 100W limit per port isn't a huge issue for me. I can almost charge 5000mah 3S at 2C and it doesn't take much longer to charge my 6200mah 3S packs.

I have the D7 to charge my 7200mah 3S packs at 2C.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Notorious J Arrma 4x4 11
adidas303 Electronics 11
S Electronics 18
3x9rtse Electronics 11