Typhon 4s Castellated slipper pads in 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn’t a 4S only slipper anymore IMO. They just changed the slipper design for all the 4x4 BLX series. We used to call it the 4S slipper because they were the first to get the new design. The only difference I see is the steel spur. The pads and hubs are the same on all models afaik.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310908/ALL/ALL/ALL/STANDARD#xref

ah, my 3s has only 3 pads that I purposefully purchased knowing it was the older model because it had the better radio. This must have been one of the changes they made.

I also don't have this part. Does anyone know what it does?

1582716798548.png

ah, my 3s has only 3 pads that I purposefully purchased knowing it was the older model because it had the better radio. This must have been one of the changes they made.

I also don't have this part. Does anyone know what it does?

View attachment 67135
It was used in the old style slipper hubs that weren't threaded. It's not needed on the newer hubs.

Thanks. Yeh It didn't look like it would do anything so I figured it was something like that.
This will give you a good explanation. This guy's knows his stuff ?

It was used in the old style slipper hubs that weren't threaded. It's not needed on the newer hubs.
They released an updated slipper maintenance kit with a longer 25mm screw since a lot of people were having issues with the slipper loosening itself.

Upgrade Slipper Maintenance

Note, if you upgrade to this kit, you will need to change the outdrive on the rear diff to the shorter one.

Shorter Diff Outdrive

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back