Kraton 4s Kraton Upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Army_Vet_Rc_Addict

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
What Upgrades should I do to my wife's 4s Kraton she wants more Flips when Jumping we're running all stock motor and electronics tried running a hot racing slipper Eliminator before but with it she kept blowing out Front and rear diffs any Suggestions for Upgrades for desired performance??? Also check out my YouTube channel for Videos of us Running jumping flipping and breaking our RC Cars search 865 RC Mania or https://youtube.com/@RC_Addict_420 and hit those like share and subscribe buttons

20230822_221431.jpg

20230822_221443.jpg

you could start with turning the punch up! else I'd upgrade electronics. My kraton 4s has a max 8 g2 2250 sensored combo and it definitely has the juice. People use that combo in 6s stuff. :ROFLMAO:

you could start with turning the punch up! else I'd upgrade electronics. My kraton 4s has a max 8 g2 2250 sensored combo and it definitely has the juice. People use that combo in

you could start with turning the punch up! else I'd upgrade electronics. My kraton 4s has a max 8 g2 2250 sensored combo and it definitely has the juice. People use that combo in 6s stuff. :ROFLMAO:
I thought about that but she wants to keep stock motor and gearing she still learning how to control the jumps and what not lol I run a HW MAX6 esc and max8 g2 2250kv motor in one of my other 6s 8th scale bashers and its a beast lol

I took the Spektrum system from my 6s and put it in the Kraton 4s. 15t pinion and hit 63 mph on 6s lipo. Fun upgrade!

I took the Spektrum system from my 6s and put it in the Kraton 4s. 15t pinion and hit 63 mph on 6s lipo. Fun upgrade!
That's not a bad idea at all then I can get a HW or Castle system and put it in my 6s typhon I didn't even think of that Good Lookin Out bro

I put a HW Max 8 with 2250 motor, also 15t and the Kraton 6s got 68 mph.
View attachment 318690
She's not wanting faster tho she just wants to do Flips off jumps and all that goodness lol im not sure what to do to get that for her without going bigger motor esc or gearing ya know what I mean?

You should be able to flip just fine now tbh. Sounds like she would have enjoyed the outcast 4s more though.

I was surprised when my wife said there were something wrong with the Kraton 4sv2. I looked it over everything looked fine then she handed me the remote I saw that it was on 75%. 😂

I was surprised when my wife said there were something wrong with the Kraton 4sv2. I looked it over everything looked fine then she handed me the remote I saw that it was on 75%. 😂
There isn't anything wrong with it it runs and works just fine my wife just wants to do Flips and the throttle control on the remote is always the 1st thing I look at if it's not acting right throttle wise

Normally, when she says something isn’t acting right, it’s a broken axle or a broken diff. Some things that might help with flips, heavier tires or maybe a taller gear. May be a taller jump and punch on 5. If still using the DX3 may need to be recalibrated for full throttle. As far as upgrades a taller pinion gear will give her more air control. I run 15 tooth pinions in both the wife’s and grandson’s. On my baby kraton, I run a Kraton 6S set up and for lack of a better term it’s violent, so I normally run it on 4s.

Normally, when she says something isn’t acting right, it’s a broken axle or a broken diff. Some things that might help with flips, heavier tires or maybe a taller gear. May be a taller jump and punch on 5. If still using the DX3 may need to be recalibrated for full throttle. As far as upgrades a taller pinion gear will give her more air control. I run 15 tooth pinions in both the wife’s and grandson’s. On my baby kraton, I run a Kraton 6S set up and for lack of a better term it’s violent, so I normally run it on 4s.
Everything is stock on it the remotes been recalibrated twice throttle limit is at 100 and we've tried bigger tires but caused serious heat issues in the motor and esc and that was with 6s outcast tires but I may try the 15 tooth pinion and see how she likes that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back