Kraton 4s v2 blx maintenance and service for storing over winter\after washing dirt off with water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustOutForARip88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Vorteks
Hey everybody first and foremost I just want to say a massive thank you to every single person who has chimed in and helped me with every single post and question that I've had this place is absolutely fantastic and the love and vibe of the community is among the best I've ever had online so huge shadow to all you guys and girls on here that are all here to share the love that we have now to my next question with all the RC cars that I've had before this one I never really bothered with any type of oiling or maintenance or anything like that basically just pulled the battery out and threw it away for the winter sometimes even drove them in the winter and put them away wet and to be honest they would always usually still be working just fine but I don't want to do that with my new truck I know that these things are way different than those 1/16 scale little toy RCs The manual says absolutely nothing about maintenance or oiling or anything like that today was probably the last day I will be driving it as the temperatures are getting way too cold and it's just getting too dirty and sloppy so I've learned how to discharge all my lipos and got a great charger to do that but what I'm having a lot of trouble with is finding specific tips and details about what I should do to the Kraton specifically the 4S V2 BLX which is the model that I have. I'm sure maintenance on most of these is pretty similar but I'm just wondering if there's any of you out there that can chime in and let me know some of the most important things that I should do as well I have no idea what kind of oils or lubes to use when it comes to RC cars only ever worked with real vehicles and stuff like that any suggestions or links to places that will ship to Canada with products that you guys can recommend would be fantastic and much appreciated I'm also looking for the best possible screwdriver / RC toolkit I ordered a couple which I will post pictures of again here one person said that both of them will be pretty much useless so I'm kind of looking for recommendations on everything hope this post isn't too long and I hope it's in the right place if not mods please chime in thanks so much again to everyone in this form it's so welcoming and a fantastic thing and I'm very happy to be here thanks again from Canada 🇨🇦✌️💯 I tried to make sure that I didn't get any water on the motor fans or the ESC even though they say it's waterproof I still feel like it couldn't be the greatest thing in the world to get water all over it if you guys need any more pics of spots that need attention to detail please let me know

17015465695668711566865044840931.jpg

I personally used to love running my 3s granite in the winter. It was so much fun in the snow hitting all the snow banks. I sold it now but I will buy a rig just to beat on in the winter and not care about oiling the bearings and stuff

After running in the winter, I would:

Blow the snow of with a leafblower

Bring it in and let the snow melt

Wipe the rig with a towel and put some wd 40 on a rag and rub over all the screws to prevent that nasty rust look

Check the bearings often. I reccomend just using bearings you have now for winter and grabbing a new pack off amazon for $30

Get some pantyhose or a dust cover to prevent as much snow as possible from coming onto electronics

Get a different/cheaper lipo as they do degrade/lose power in cold temps

Good luck and enjoy!

Another option is grabbing another rig off facebook marketplace for cheap just for the winter! You should be able to find some for $150.

I am going to go meet with this guy selling his granite 3s for 200CAD.

Agree with tips from both posters. First thing I'd do though is use periods to avoid run on sentences and prevent old guys from reaching for oxygen mask.

its a nightmare don't run it in winter if you can resist the urge. I am just about to go out bashing and there's snow on the floor :)

I run my slash only in the winter. 1 dedicated snow truck= less to worry about and less work cleaning them up.

Usually ill bring it in and throw it in the tub to melt. I'll throw it on the main register vent after that and let the thing dry out. My main vent is 12x12 thats right on top the heater and puts out a ton of air. Does a great job drying it out quickly so hardware doesn't get rusty.

If its especially muddy or gross ill even spray the thing off right there in the shower w/ low pressure then dry on the vent. I cannot stand dirty rc. I'm ocd like that though.

I personally used to love running my 3s granite in the winter. It was so much fun in the snow hitting all the snow banks. I sold it now but I will buy a rig just to beat on in the winter and not care about oiling the bearings and stuff

After running in the winter, I would:

Blow the snow of with a leafblower

Bring it in and let the snow melt

Wipe the rig with a towel and put some wd 40 on a rag and rub over all the screws to prevent that nasty rust look

Check the bearings often. I reccomend just using bearings you have now for winter and grabbing a new pack off amazon for $30

Get some pantyhose or a dust cover to prevent as much snow as possible from coming onto electronics

Get a different/cheaper lipo as they do degrade/lose power in cold temps

Good luck and enjoy!

Another option is grabbing another rig off facebook marketplace for cheap just for the winter! You should be able to find some for $150.

I am going to go meet with this guy selling his granite 3s for 200CAD.
Yeah I think that's probably the best bet appreciate it input though thanks man

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back