4th rc car decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
So I have a couple grand on extra cash and want to get smother rc car.
I like scaled down realism and a durable rig. I also want something with lots of adjustability and customisability (lights and armor ki d of stuff) And would like for it to be powerful enough to do power slides on gravel and do decent jumps over the hills.
Considering:
Traxxas udr
Traxxas raptor
Los tenacity dB pro

I like scaled down realism and a durable rig. I also want something with lots of adjustability and customisability (lights and armor ki d of stuff) And would like for it to be powerful enough to do power slides on gravel and do decent jumps over the hills.
Considering:
Traxxas udr
Traxxas raptor
Los tenacity dB pro
I have heard that the Traxxass UDR needs a buncha upgrades to make it strong. My neighbor HAD a traxxass raptor, the only time I saw it was on his workbench. :ROFLMAO: I can't say anything out of experience though, I'm sure someone else with give you better and more advice.(y)

If you have the cash to burn, I would suggest a Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0. I have a Mojave EXB with max6/1650 combo and that thing flies. It will power slide and it soars through the air pretty well.

Sorry I meant another. But I do like smooth things...
If you have the cash to burn, I would suggest a Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0. I have a Mojave EXB with max6/1650 combo and that thing flies. It will power slide and it soars through the air pretty well.
Never heard of it

8s in a 1/8 scale car?!?! $140 servo?!?! That thing will be insane!:eek::love:

That's cheap for a servo. They say go big or go home, I say go big or stay home.

For the older school, JR9100T & JR9100S servos were $200 each for Nitro buggy's, need 2 of them. I had $1000 in servo and Ninja engine before the actual buggy it's self. I had 2 each brand new servos in my spare pile race days. Should be happy to only pay $140 for a single servo E-buggy. ;)

That's cheap for a servo. They say go big or go home, I say go big or stay home.

For the older school, JR9100T & JR9100S servos were $200 each for Nitro buggy's, need 2 of them. I had $1000 in servo and Ninja engine before the actual buggy it's self. I had 2 each brand new servos in my spare pile race days. Should be happy to only pay $140 for a single servo E-buggy. ;)
Yeah, I guess when you put it that way, its a good deal. I'm happy to pay twenty bucks for a servo. It fits my needs. 🤷‍♂️

Considering:
Traxxas udr
Traxxas raptor
Los tenacity dB pro
Between those, I say DB Pro.

I have both the UDR and the DB Pro. The UDR is pretty bad a$$. Mine is a first gen, but I believe the most common replacements (covering gen 1 to now) are the trailing arms, the steering servo and the sway bars. The rear axle needs to be sealed if you intend on playing in sand. If driven at 4S and not jumping for the moon, the UDR is pretty amazing and realistic looking. I don't think I've ever used 4S - I'm 6S all the time - and still on the original electronics and motor .. I'm also not jumping for the moon and I'm not full throttle all the time.

The DB Pro, makes sure you go over all the screws (ensure they're all tight, this goes for all Losi vehicles) - I lost the front pin / set screw for the shaft that goes to the front diff - buggy still kept on hauling though.

Last edited:
Between those, I say DB Pro.

I have both the UDR and the DB Pro. The UDR is pretty bad a$$. Mine is a first gen, but I believe the most common replacements (covering gen 1 to now) are the trailing arms, the steering servo and the sway bars. The rear axle needs to be sealed if you intend on playing in sand. If driven at 4S and not jumping for the moon, the UDR is pretty amazing and realistic looking. I don't think I've ever used 4S - I'm 6S all the time - and still on the original electronics and motor .. I'm also not jumping for the moon and I'm not full throttle all the time.

The DB Pro, makes sure you go over all the screws (ensure they're all tight, this goes for all Losi vehicles) - I lost the front pin / set screw for the shaft that goes to the front diff - buggy still kept on hauling though.
Screw it, if you have some money that is burning a hole in your pocket, go for the Losi DBXL-E 2.0! I bought on a few weeks ago and WOW! So far it has been super durable, but like arrma_tigger said, I do not try to send it tomthe moon. I am all about the driving experience and controlled race style jumps. All screws were tight and e erything was luned properly from the factory. I did have an issue with my steering servo, but Horizon hobby sent me a replacement right away.

Screw it, if you have some money that is burning a hole in your pocket, go for the Losi DBXL-E 2.0! I bought on a few weeks ago and WOW! So far it has been super durable, but like arrma_tigger said, I do not try to send it tomthe moon. I am all about the driving experience and controlled race style jumps. All screws were tight and e erything was luned properly from the factory. I did have an issue with my steering servo, but Horizon hobby sent me a replacement right away.
That's a bit to big for my taste.
Also what's the difference between the dB and the lazernut?

That's a bit to big for my taste.
Also what's the difference between the dB and the lazernut?
The DB pro similar to a short course truck but with a desert buggy body. The lazernut is modeled after the 1:1 Professional Ultra 4 race truck. In RC it would be considered a rock racer. The lasernut comes with bigger tires and is meant for more offroad applications.
I had a Losi rock rey and it flew on 2s and was a bit hard to control. I would imagine the lasernut would be much faster and more controlabke due to its full independent suspension, where as the rock rey had a locked live rear axle
The traxxas raptor is only 2wd and. My son has one and it can barely make it through grass. I would cross that off the list. They are also so lightweight that the tend to jist flip over on bumpy terrain.

Last edited:
The DB pro similar to a short course truck but with a desert buggy body. The lazernut is modeled after the 1:1 Professional Ultra 4 race truck. In RC it would be considered a rock racer. The lasernut comes with bigger tires and is meant for more offroad applications.
I had a Losi rock rey and it flew on 2s and was a bit hard to control. I would imagine the lasernut would be much faster and more controlabke due to its full independent suspension, where as the rock rey had a locked live rear axle
The traxxas raptor is only 2wd and. My son has one and it can barely make it through grass. I would cross that off the list. They are also so lightweight that the tend to jist flip over on bumpy terrain.
Isn't the raptor just a 2nd slash with a raptor body and headlights and tailight?

Isn't the raptor just a 2nd slash with a raptor body and headlights and tailight?
You are correct. They come with brushed motors as well. In perfect conditions you might come close to 30mph
The 2wd slash is the truck I give to my kids to smash around. After upgrading some of the parts they are durable, but if you want more speed and put a brushless motor in it, its just not worth the $$$. If you want something around that size, check out the Arrma Senton BLX or the Arrma Big Rock. I believe they boyh come with a $320 price tag.

You are correct. They come with brushed motors as well. In perfect conditions you might come close to 30mph
The 2wd slash is the truck I give to my kids to smash around. After upgrading some of the parts they are durable, but if you want more speed and put a brushless motor in it, its just not worth the $$$. If you want something around that size, check out the Arrma Senton BLX or the Arrma Big Rock. I believe they boyh come with a $320 price tag.
I do like the big rock but it's ither going to be a Lazer nut or a dB pro

What is your driving style? The lasernut will make it over rougher terrain due to the larger tires, but I have also read that the break much more. That could be due to the larger tires and 4s capable motor, so people crash them more. The DB pro will be more stable, and unless you are driving over a rocky fiels, should suit you well. The lasernut is cool and all, but for general driving Nd just having a good time, I would go with the DB pro

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back