How do you pick your next RC car?

How do you pick your next RC car? (Pick up to 2)

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
I am starting this thread/poll because I "have" to make an important decision: what my next car is going to be. Currently, I can't decide between a maxed out w/ good upgrades Outcast 4s and a K6 EXB with a couple small upgrades.

I know this poll isn't asking which car I should buy, the reason for that is I believe if I straight up asking which model, most would just vote 6s for the better "value".
Unfortunately, I don't have a big budget that allows me to choose the "wrong" car and simply buy another one.

I just want something that I can run at the skatepark and at bash spots and easily maintain and have fun with over time. Not worried about handling/speed/size (as long as it's a mid-large size 1/10 or bigger).

Terrain and the bashing style you want should guide you.
Primarily skatepark with occasionally bash spots: Outcast 6s (EXB)
If it’s the other way around: Kraton 6s (EXB).
The best jack-of-all-trades: Kraton 6s (EXB). There‘s are reason why it’s Arrma’s best selling car.

If it can survive Duperbash, RCDude81 and last more than a few minutes in Talbots hands then it's a possibility. I'm a Tekno freak so it's got to handle well. Also, there needs to be a reasonable aftermarket for the truck.

I have both. For me it's a no brainer the Kraton EXB V2. Unless you already have an upgraded Kraton or Talion 6s in your collection.

I have both. For me it's a no brainer the Kraton EXB V2. Unless you already have an upgraded Kraton or Talion 6s in your collection.
Very interested to hear more from you as you have both cars. Which do you find more durable?

Depends on the void that I'm trying to fill.

I don't send things to the moon that weren't designed for it (Desert Racers) but there are rigs that I'm fond of due to its durability and engineering (6S EXB series) that are great bashers for jumps and high speed hooning.

I compartmentalize them which makes them easier to organize (and reduces their chances of breaking anything) if I drive them as intended. For example, drive the Mojo 4S like a desert truck because it was designed from the ground up to be a desert/short course truck.

I'm in a good spot right now because I feel as though all my rigs serve a purpose in which they were intended.

As much as I like my Sledge I think if my collection got pillaged my first new truck would be an EXB V2 Kraton. Out of the box it's tough, fast, and tight handling. For a Sledge to be equal it requires a lot of hopping up.

Hard to say on durability as I have not run the new EXB much yet about 2 runs. Was going to run it today but 20 degrees and snow.....stupid winter. Outcast 4s has been very durable. My only real complaint and this goes for all 3s and 4s with MT tires is the steering is not great. Servo saver is too weak so turning on power is rough. Just installed a kimborough HD so maybe that will help. Have not run it that way yet. I am running the Outcast 4s today in the snow. They are both very durable rigs so I would not use durability as a deciding factor.

6 inches of snow too much for the Outcast 4s. Runs for a little and then gets stuck. I'm thinking 2-3 inches would probably be better.

Since i'm in the EU it's rather a question of "can i get anything i want or do i wait for months hoping to get my hands on it".

What are the more pop[ular brands over there? or should I say more readily available.......Corally, HPI, or possibly Team Magic?

Corally, HPI, Losi are easy to get, Traxxas as well but i don't wanna ^^

Why is Arrma actually using HH anyway? Some sort of contract? Does ArrmA belong to HH, does HH own ArrmA? Any reason they let distribution handle by them? I mean, it's a while since people complain about it.

I hear you on the TRX. Won't make that mistake again. That Kagama seems like a pretty well build rig. Not a big fan of their previous stuff but the Kagama looks promising.

I hear you on the TRX. Won't make that mistake again. That Kagama seems like a pretty well build rig. Not a big fan of their previous stuff but the Kagama looks promising.
Well TRX sure LOOKS great. But 1, it's expensive, and 2 harder to mod than ArrmA.
And Corally, i dunno, they're just not as beautiful imho.

Searching second hand now as well, might be an option.

Is that a good deal?
ARRMA 1/5 Kraton 4×4 8S (Hobbywing MAX5 en Hobbywing 800kv motor) EXB Brushless Monster for 799€, rtr?

That is the 8S Kraton....much bigger than the 6s and from what I can tell not their best product. Especially the earlier version. I do not have any first had knowledge of the 8s platform.

Seems to be the 2023 version.
Yeah, it's huge, no doubt and maybe not the best starter car but yeah well ^^

I generally tell my self I can’t afford something for long enough until I get board of hearing it then as if by magic I wake up an first thing in the morning and auto pilot my self to the check out.

Weirdly I’m torn between a 6s infraction cos there just sick
And an associated mt10 so my dad can come out and bash with us.

Back